Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Some help with PR application times please

Some help with PR application times please

Old Jul 4th 2018, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hmm1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some help with PR application times please

Hi all, so I have my NS provincial nominee certificate and I’m ready to submit my application for PR however I think I may have made a massive oversight with the application times though!

Its a paper based application and when I check online at the current wait times it says its 58 days via the following search. WHAT ARE YOU APPLYING FOR = PERMANENT RESIDENT CARDS.
DID YOU SUBMIT A PR CARD APPLICATION OR SOLEMN DECLARATION= NO IM WAITING FOR MY FIRST CARD

that calculates to 58 days. Is that the correct search?

or should I be searching under economic class then provincial nominee then selecting paper based application? This calculates to 19months, surely this can’t be right.

sorry if this is awkward to read I’m on my phone.

cheers
steve

Last edited by Hmm1; Jul 4th 2018 at 8:04 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some help with PR application times please

If you're applying for Permanent Residency through the paper based route, then select that.

If you're already a Permanent Resident, and either didn't get your PR card when you landed, or have lost one and need a new one, select new PR card.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hmm1
Its a paper based application and when I check online at the current wait times it says its 58 days via the following search. WHAT ARE YOU APPLYING FOR = PERMANENT RESIDENT CARDS.
DID YOU SUBMIT A PR CARD APPLICATION OR SOLEMN DECLARATION= NO IM WAITING FOR MY FIRST CARD

that calculates to 58 days. Is that the correct search?

It is if you already have Permanent Residency status and are waiting for your PR card, then that's the right processing time. But it doesn't sound as though that's the case? If you've yet to submit your PR app, and you're applying via a paper based PNP, then yes, the 19 months is correct.

HTH.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

OK thank you for the help. unfortunately that's just thrown a massive spanner in the works when it comes to my time line

Thanks again.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 9:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

OK thank you for the help. unfortunately that's just thrown a massive spanner in the works when it comes to my time line

Thanks again.
Sorry to be nosey, but why? Where are you now, the UK or Canada?
Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry to be nosey, but why? Where are you now, the UK or Canada?
No problem.
Currently in the UK with flights booked for August.
With one thing and another we have managed to overlook the processing time and mistakenly thought it would be approx. 2 months up to 6 months max!

How wrong we were!
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that confused us when we were applying, it's 18 months ish for the paper based application and 6 months ish for express entry. Do you meet the eligibility criteria for EE? It might still be quicker for you to withdraw and reapply under EE if that's a possibility for you?
Old Jul 5th 2018, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute

Also under our PNP we were eligible for a temporary work visa while waiting for PR, is that an option for you?
Old Jul 5th 2018, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by milly_m
Also under our PNP we were eligible for a temporary work visa while waiting for PR, is that an option for you?
yes that is right we are eligible for a twp.
The issue is I had agreed on a promotion soon after landing, and now this won’t be possible.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 8:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

yes that is right we are eligible for a twp.
The issue is I had agreed on a promotion soon after landing, and now this won’t be possible.
If you'll be promoted just after arriving, then why are you not doing that job to start with? Seems a bit odd to me.

What PNP stream did you apply under?

What happened to your previous LMIA, did you go out and work on it? Just wondering if perhaps EE is an option instead of paper based PNP.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

AdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond reputeAdamPiercy has a reputation beyond repute

What stream have you come in on?

I came in via AIPP and arrived on a TWP, applied in March for PR and received it in April, so four weeks only. I "landed" at the office in Halifax and now just waiting for the card to come in the post.