Soft landing

Old Aug 8th 2021, 4:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soft landing

Originally Posted by LotusLeodis
Hi all,

I was wondering the same thing.

Mr LL has CoPR, set to expire April 2022. We are in the middle of getting ready to sell our house and with the unpredictability of COVID and travel rules, we were thinking of landing (by air from the UK, obviously) in October for 16 - 18 days to accommodate possible quarantine and come back to give ourselves more time to tie things off.

Is this now not possible to do?

I'm worried if we leave it until March to travel, something COVID-y + CBSA striking with work to rule an imminent possibility, could scupper plans to enter and activate PR that late, therefore cancelling the whole thing. We are both double vaccinated.

Does anyone have any information about this?

Thanks in advance,

LL
He can land, no problem at all. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...s.html#expired

No need to quarantine, and he's exempt from any restrictions after 7th Sept too - https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...etermine-fully

HTH.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

LotusLeodis is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we will see if we can pull off a hard landing - crossing fingers!
Old Sep 29th 2021, 10:50 am
Just Joined

DJmover is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update, as I have just returned to the UK after 4 weeks in Canada, in which I got my Permanent Resident status.
As an Immigration Officer told me, once you get your paperwork approved by Immigration, on the way in, you're a Permanent Resident and can do what you like travel-wise (within covid rules etc).