SINP Positive Eligibility or AOR

Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

scuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant future
Default SINP Positive Eligibility or AOR

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working in Regina on a work permit, and have applied for PR through SINP (Skillied worker, existing work permit sub-category). My work permit expires in mid-November, 2013.

I plan to apply for the bridging open work permit that would allow me to continue working while a decision is made on my PR application. In order to apply for this OWP, one of the criteria is to have a "Positive Eligibility Decision" or an "AOR" from the provincial immigration office. My questions are:

1. What is the difference between a positive eligibility decision and an AOR?

2. How long after you submit the application does it typically take to get one or both (positive eligibility and/or AOR)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:33 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SINP Positive Eligibility or AOR

Hi

Originally Posted by scuudz
Hello everyone,

I'm currently working in Regina on a work permit, and have applied for PR through SINP (Skillied worker, existing work permit sub-category). My work permit expires in mid-November, 2013.

I plan to apply for the bridging open work permit that would allow me to continue working while a decision is made on my PR application. In order to apply for this OWP, one of the criteria is to have a "Positive Eligibility Decision" or an "AOR" from the provincial immigration office. My questions are:

1. What is the difference between a positive eligibility decision and an AOR?

2. How long after you submit the application does it typically take to get one or both (positive eligibility and/or AOR)?

Thanks in advance!
1. Not quite. The Bridging open work permit is for when you have applied to CIC under SNIP, not applying to SNIP. The AOR is acknowledgement that the application has been received, the PER is that the application is complete and eligible for processing. About 2/3 months for a decision.
2. If you have applied for SNIP once you have received a positive outcome, they can issue a facilitation letter, which you can use to get an open work permit.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

scuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant futurescuudz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Not quite. The Bridging open work permit is for when you have applied to CIC under SNIP, not applying to SNIP. The AOR is acknowledgement that the application has been received, the PER is that the application is complete and eligible for processing. About 2/3 months for a decision.
Thanks for the response. When you say, "...when you have applied to CIC under SNIP, not applying to SNIP". Do you mean that in order to apply for the bridging work permit, I need to have received nomination from SINP? (Because my PR application wouldnt be with CIC until I have my nomination from SINP).

Originally Posted by PMM
2. If you have applied for SNIP once you have received a positive outcome, they can issue a facilitation letter, which you can use to get an open work permit.
Again, Im confused. When you say "positive outcome", do you mean nomination or do you mean a positive eligibility decision?

Thanks again!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scuudz
Thanks for the response. When you say, "...when you have applied to CIC under SNIP, not applying to SNIP". Do you mean that in order to apply for the bridging work permit, I need to have received nomination from SINP? (Because my PR application wouldnt be with CIC until I have my nomination from SINP).

Again, Im confused. When you say "positive outcome", do you mean nomination or do you mean a positive eligibility decision?

Thanks again!
Yes SNIP acceptance and submitted your Federal Application and received the AOR from Sydney.

The positive outcome from SNIP is the PNP acceptance certificate.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, PMM.