SINP 2011 timeline and questions

Old Apr 4th 2012, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SINP 2011 timeline and questions

Similar situation to us really, my cousin and his family went over there 8 years ago and have not looked back, they love it there. We should have moved a few years ago but having very small children put things on hold a bit. The time is right now though.
We'll take our time finding a rental place then look for a nice area to buy eventually. The sooner we get out of here the better as far as we're concerned!!!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 8:49 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Similar situation to us really, my cousin and his family went over there 8 years ago and have not looked back, they love it there. We should have moved a few years ago but having very small children put things on hold a bit. The time is right now though.
We'll take our time finding a rental place then look for a nice area to buy eventually. The sooner we get out of here the better as far as we're concerned!!!
Same here! So judging by your user name, are you a HGV driver? My hubby drives for a living and as I am the principal applicant, he will be looking for a driving job, that's near enough sorted as my boss has put him in contact with a few companies, so he should be fine.

I don't know about you, but I am constantly checking my emails, and getting myself into a right tizz ... we want to be out there so much!!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

lol, yes, we're in a tizz too!! Constantly checking emails and crossing fingers for the all important one coming through. Yes, I'm a HGV driver and managed to find a decent company who are understanding of the whole process. There's loads of driving jobs, just a matter of finding the decent ones. Sask seems to be booming at the moment, so all looking good for the future. Just can't see a future for our kids here at the moment, and the cost of living....jeeez!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 9:58 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
lol, yes, we're in a tizz too!! Constantly checking emails and crossing fingers for the all important one coming through. Yes, I'm a HGV driver and managed to find a decent company who are understanding of the whole process. There's loads of driving jobs, just a matter of finding the decent ones. Sask seems to be booming at the moment, so all looking good for the future. Just can't see a future for our kids here at the moment, and the cost of living....jeeez!
Put it one way, I would rather my kids (if I had any) be in Sask than in the UK... John my hubby has his class 1 and 2, however, he has no long haul experience. He has been told by a company he's been interview with, that aslong as he does his A1 training, he has a job with them.. so all good.

I am keeping our fingers, toes and everything crossed for us,

Let us know when you hear anything. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Gaurav_OT is an unknown quantity at this point

I am Lloydminster, 250km west of saskatoon...
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:26 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulieLord
Put it one way, I would rather my kids (if I had any) be in Sask than in the UK... John my hubby has his class 1 and 2, however, he has no long haul experience. He has been told by a company he's been interview with, that aslong as he does his A1 training, he has a job with them.. so all good.

I am keeping our fingers, toes and everything crossed for us,

Let us know when you hear anything. GOOD LUCK!!!
Hi Julie I'm originally from Ynyshir. Been in Sask 5 years Sept.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

We have been in the Saskatoon area for just over a year now and love it!!

We have two daughters who settled into school extremely quickly, everyone has been so welcoming and we both have good jobs!

We came over here on my husbands job - I started applying for work within 6 weeks of landing and after only 20 resumes sent had 5 interviews and got offered all 5 jobs!! Saskatchewan is booming and is the place to be in Canada right now - we are leading the countries economic growth with Oil, Potash and Uranium!!

Our SINP took 7 months to arrive - for the last 4 months we were living out of holiday cottages (moving every month almost) as our house sold and we put everything into a shipping container ready to move - I remember the sleepless nights, worrying that we had rushed into selling the house and having no real place to call home, but it was all worth it!!

You wont regret coming!!!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:39 am
Just Joined

fortunately we had good winters this year....i hope next winter would be ok....
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:36 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Hi Julie I'm originally from Ynyshir. Been in Sask 5 years Sept.
Hi Lorna!

Well Well Well! small world eh! where in Sask are you?
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:45 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

We have been over to Saskatoon every year for the past 4 years as we have friends over there. The year before last we met my new boss through an interview when he worked for another company, they offered me the job there and then, but I needed to finish my qualifications first. In the meantime we kept in touch with him. last year we went over and we stayed with my new boss, at this time we where going over to look for work, but when he picked us up from the airport, he offered me a job in the car!! lol..

We loved Saskatoon from the first week we spent there 4 years ago, and can't wait to get there.

We have also moved out of our home and rented it, and were staying at our friends, so the nomination can't come quick enough!! Our friend has been great and we have the run of the house (She's away at sea most of the time) so there's no problem.

Sleepless nights!! hell yes! and I'm constantly checking my emails!

I'm like a cat on hot bricks!!
Old Apr 5th 2012, 1:48 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lorna!

Well Well Well! small world eh! where in Sask are you?
I'm in Regina Beach about 2:15mins south of S'toon off Highway 11. a great resort community, quiet in the winter but very busy in the summer. Not like Porthcawl
Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:09 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
I'm in Regina Beach about 2:15mins south of S'toon off Highway 11. a great resort community, quiet in the winter but very busy in the summer. Not like Porthcawl
Lol ... Is anywhere like Porthcawl!!

Is that like a lake area then Lorna?
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

yes lots of frozen lakes in winters
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:28 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lol ... Is anywhere like Porthcawl!!

Is that like a lake area then Lorna?
Yes its on Last Mountain Lake. The beach area is not big but its always packed. We moved because of the beach but spend more time on our little boat in the middle of the lake were it's quieter. Its not a blue lake and taste weird without salt

It's a lovely community - all researched on google earth lol
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:54 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Just wondering if anyone who has applied for SINP under Skilled Worker has received any information yet?

This waiting is a nightmare!!!

Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.