SINP 2011 timeline and questions

Old Apr 4th 2011, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

chrisemo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question SINP 2011 timeline and questions

Hi ,
I made the application for SINP and they received on Mach 10th 2011, looks fine ,but my employer needs me before July 1st, I know on my country takes 30 days for work permit,
I just don't know if I wait for the letter or ask him to try the LMO and go as work permit.
Questions are:
How long it is taking this days for the nomination?

Do I wait or try the LMO?

I am going to Regina as a cook.

Thanks

Chris
Old Apr 4th 2011, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: SINP 2011 timeline and questions

Originally Posted by chrisemo
Hi ,
I made the application for SINP and they received on Mach 10th 2011, looks fine ,but my employer needs me before July 1st, I know on my country takes 30 days for work permit,
I just don't know if I wait for the letter or ask him to try the LMO and go as work permit.
Questions are:
How long it is taking this days for the nomination?

Do I wait or try the LMO?

I am going to Regina as a cook.

Thanks

Chris
Sorry - can't comment specifically on Saskatchewan unfortunately, but Ontario aim to turn it around in 90 days.

Once they have approved you, you don't need an LMO, you can turn up at the POE (point of entry) with your approval letter that requests a 2 year work permit, and get it there (rather than submitting the letter to London).

Good luck.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2011, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

SamMorgan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to post bad news but ours took 6 months through SINP, applied in May & approved in December. Maybe they're quicker this year
Old Apr 7th 2011, 5:43 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

We had someone here who applied through SINP and it took from July to 1st March to get his nomination. SINP are not what you could call speedy.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

We applied June 2010 and received our nomination February 2011

Apparently they have a long backlog....
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

I will try the LMO first, but I can see I have to sit and wait, nothing more I can do.Thank you all.
Just one more question:
What's the extra docs sometimes they ask?
thanks
Old Apr 11th 2011, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Ah-ha well that depends on what you forget to put in or what 't' you don't cross or 'i' you don't dot.... even if they need something if you get your act together you can Fed-ex whatever they need and it can be with them the following working day.

They do just work slowly through them as they come in by date, you won't speed them up and ringing to find out can also have a detrimental effect too, apparently.

Anyway its spring here now so all the office people will be going back to their farms for the summer
Old Jul 15th 2011, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Am I going to receive a email with the approval before the letter of nomination comes in the mail?
thanks
Old Jul 16th 2011, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi

You will receive a letter of nomination via email, you just need to print it off!

We never received a hard copy in the post and landed in Calgary with just our printed off copy - It was excepted without problems!

How long ago did you apply for your nomination?
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

My application was sent in March 10th and I counting days... but I know still early. Hope that will came soon.
Thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

They asked me for more information. I think this is good.
At least I got a email.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

We got asked for further information, we sent it off within 24 hours via Fedex and emailed it just in case.

We received our official "Yes" email about 6 weeks later!!

Good Luck
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

mysteryocean is an unknown quantity at this point

so Chrisemo, they requested you missing docs? how about your employer? did they contacted your employee? they requested my docs on july 5, i provide them on 25 july. i know it took a bit long, they contacted my employer on july 17, so now i am just hoping that they process it faster.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

mysteryocean: They did not contact my employer yet, I hope will be soon. I still waiting for one of the documents that I have to send to do so. I will be send on Monday. We are very close on time , hope everything will be OK.
Where are you? Where are you going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.