SIN number

Old Sep 12th 2002, 3:15 pm
Bianca

Default SIN number

To everyone who have experience and experts,

I've met some visitors who have obtained SIN number for the purpose of taxation if
they have businesses or for health insurance purposes. Usually the number starts at
9 like people who have obtained work permits. In my case, if ever i received AIP and
granted a work permit (filed inland spouse) then of course i'll apply for SIN. Is
the SIN number will also start at 9? if so, does my SIN number needs to be changed
once the PR landing papers received?

Bianca

Old Sep 12th 2002, 3:36 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: SIN number

Yes, your SIN will start with digit "9" as well for as long as you are not a Canadian
PR or citizen. Once you become a Canadian PR you will have to apply for new SIN.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"Bianca" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > To everyone who have experience and experts,
    > I've met some visitors who have obtained SIN number for the purpose of taxation if
    > they have businesses or for health insurance purposes. Usually the number starts
    > at 9 like people who have obtained work permits. In my case, if ever i received
    > AIP and granted a work permit (filed inland spouse) then of course i'll apply for
    > SIN. Is the SIN number will also start at 9? if so, does my SIN number needs to be
    > changed once the PR landing papers received?
    > Bianca

Old Sep 12th 2002, 8:16 pm
Jim Humphries

Default Re: SIN number

Yes your SIN number would begin with a 9, and yes, you would have to obtain a new one
when you become landed. Jim Humphries

Bianca wrote:
    > To everyone who have experience and experts,
    > I've met some visitors who have obtained SIN number for the purpose of taxation if
    > they have businesses or for health insurance purposes. Usually the number starts
    > at 9 like people who have obtained work permits. In my case, if ever i received
    > AIP and granted a work permit (filed inland spouse) then of course i'll apply for
    > SIN. Is the SIN number will also start at 9? if so, does my SIN number needs to be
    > changed once the PR landing papers received?
    > Bianca