Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Simplified Process Form - amount of detail for work experience?

Simplified Process Form - amount of detail for work experience?

Old Aug 19th 2007, 4:20 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Simplified Process Form - amount of detail for work experience?

I'm filling out the simplified process form (yea yea, I know, long wait ahead).

In the work experience section, the main duties space is rather small - should I keep it brief or go onto another sheet of paper? Are they really going to refer back to this at some stage in the future? As I'm guessing when they ask for an update at some point in the distant future, you'll have to be far more specific? At this stage, I presume they're just looking to see that you have enough years and a relevant NOC code?

Also - I have 7 years of relevant work experience - however, if I missed off the first 2 years, it would mean one less reference to get later down the line (by that time, they might not even remember me!), would it harm my case to miss it off?

Different topic - for the proof of funds, is it wise to get a bank statement or something and keep it filed, as it may be difficult to get a statement printed for this time, 5 or whatever years down the line?

And another - the wife's passport is due to expire April next year and is in her maiden name. Am I OK to use this one to put on the form? Would rather not wait the extra delay to renew her passport.... She'll obviously have a new passport by the time the request for updated docs arrives... (and maybe me too, mine runs out in 2016 )

Think that's it - before Andrew jumps on me, this is a backup plan, might as well get in the queue - I've been persuing jobs for a few months now and not got anywhere, so decided to get in the queue just in case...

Thanks in advance...