Should We Go Before The LMO

Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:35 am
Banned

Driscoll Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should We Go Before The LMO

Good Morning,

Things seem to be happening very quickly for us, a little to quickly to be honest!
Hubby got a job in BC 3 weeks ago and now we are waiting for the LMO, the problem is the backlog on the LMO at the moment. So we were hoping to be out by the 3rd December it now looking like the LMO will not be ready in time

So my question is……. Should we still come and wait it out?

Thanks for your time xx
Old Nov 11th 2013, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should We Go Before The LMO

Had the company applied for a blanket LMO in advance of making the job offer?

My employer did and the LMO with my name on came through less than a week later.

If they didn't, there are no fast track LMOs any more (since end of April), so it could indeed take quite a while to be granted.

Is there a risk it won't be granted? What role is it for?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 2:30 pm
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point

My advice is absolutely not as we came on the piggy back of the LMO and it was rejected and they had to apply again. That was 13 weeks ago and looks like we will be returning home on our Dec flights (which were the back up we did not think we would need to us) . I honestly would recommend not coming until you have the LMO in hand however every company and occupation is different. Good Luck !!!!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 2:31 pm
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point

not need to "us" sorry need to "use"
Old Nov 11th 2013, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So you arrive in Canada without an approved LMO please answer the following questions which are likely to be asked by the examining officer?

What is the purpose of your visit to Canada?
How long will you be staying?
When will you be returning to the UK?
Do you have a return ticket?
Where will you be staying?
How much money do you have in your possession and in a bank account?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Amtobi is an unknown quantity at this point

There does seem to be a backlog in BC... I'm at week 12 of waiting for my LMO.

They have recently changed the requirements, the employer has to prove they have advertised the job sufficiently - unless they have previously applied for a blank LMO for the position. I am now 16 weeks since I received the job offer.