Share timeline-----Family Class!

Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

GRiM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Share timeline-----Family Class!

Originally Posted by Angel2k6
Omg I'm in shock I just checked ecas for the heck of it (I stopped checking it cause it has been stuck on August 31, 2006 they started processing) and it states that they have now received my husbands medical and that a decision has been made on our case! They have sent a letter to him regarding the decision.
I can't believe it!
WICKED CONGRATS!

WHAT SITE DID YOU CHECK THIS ON?

Also when it asks for File Numbers etc on this site whos name do I put mine (I am the Canadian) or my partners? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Share timeline-----Family Class!

Fingers crossed for you Angel...
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

confusedyouwillbe is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey! That must be a relief - congratulations!!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GRiM
WICKED CONGRATS!

WHAT SITE DID YOU CHECK THIS ON?

Also when it asks for File Numbers etc on this site whos name do I put mine (I am the Canadian) or my partners? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!
www.cic.gc.ca and look for the link to Online Services -> Check Application Status (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ols/ols.do?lang=en). Accept the readme etc. Then I used Receipt No. (IMM 5401) which is 10 character, letter + 9 digits that is on the receipt slip for having paid. Use the main applicant surname (that will be you?), your date of birth and your country of birth and that should do it. Some folk have found they had to vary the country of birth slightly to get in, e.g. there is a choice of 'England' and 'United Kingdom and Colonies' but this might not apply.

hth.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future

Angel,

That is awesome. Lets hope its the start of a flurry of PPR's.

I dont think the mail strike will affect things too much. Contrary to populat belief the system in the uk is pretty good.

John
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: In beautiful Wellington, Ontario, at last. Loving Canada and the amazing Indian summer
andrewmarre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angel2k6
Omg I'm in shock I just checked ecas for the heck of it (I stopped checking it cause it has been stuck on August 31, 2006 they started processing) and it states that they have now received my husbands medical and that a decision has been made on our case! They have sent a letter to him regarding the decision.
I can't believe it!
That is just fantastic news. When we got that message, the letter was only three or four days later, asking for the passport. You're nearly there!! And we have now sold our house, subject to all the legal stuff of course, so we will be heading off with dog, house contents and a smile on August 29th. And the sun is shining today!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by confusedyouwillbe
www.cic.gc.ca and look for the link to Online Services -> Check Application Status (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ols/ols.do?lang=en). Accept the readme etc. Then I used Receipt No. (IMM 5401) which is 10 character, letter + 9 digits that is on the receipt slip for having paid. Use the main applicant surname (that will be you?), your date of birth and your country of birth and that should do it. Some folk have found they had to vary the country of birth slightly to get in, e.g. there is a choice of 'England' and 'United Kingdom and Colonies' but this might not apply.

hth.
Okay if I paid online do I stil use the code from the IMM5401 or can I use the code that appears on some other documents they sent (request for medical) they are the same ... I would assume that is fine. I will check at home tonight fingers crossed, I hope I am as lucky as you!

Thanks again Angel you have been a star along with so many others .... fingers crossed

GRiM
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by budda
Angel,

That is awesome. Lets hope its the start of a flurry of PPR's.

I dont think the mail strike will affect things too much. Contrary to populat belief the system in the uk is pretty good.

John
Sure is don't expect weekend post in Canada .... or two delivery times a day.

GRiM
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GRiM
Okay if I paid online do I stil use the code from the IMM5401 or can I use the code that appears on some other documents they sent (request for medical) they are the same ... I would assume that is fine.
GRiM
I paid online and the receipt no was Rxxxxxxxxx, but i never got any other documents from them so I can't compare! Using the file number instead sounds about right though, if the code is the same on several docs
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by confusedyouwillbe
I paid online and the receipt no was Rxxxxxxxxx, but i never got any other documents from them so I can't compare! Using the file number instead sounds about right though, if the code is the same on several docs
That is what I am worried about!

Will try tonight and let everyone know ... fingers crossed .... toes crossed ...
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Angel2k6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone
As I said I am just shocked that ecas actually changed lol

I know of quite a few people who never saw a change until after they received their visa!
Also on the site it says they usually update on Tuesdays and that was updated on a Monday. So I guess it goes to show you there isn't really a way of telling when it will happen, it just happens.

I know when my husband talked to his DIO on the phone he mentioned to him a BF date of August. So this might also help those who wondered if they do check your file or if any progress happens before the BF date.

Thank Andrewmarre for letting me know how long after that message on ecas appeared, to you getting a ppr request in the mail. I was curious about that and was going to ask on the board.

If the outcome is positive to his letter which I am sure it is, he will be coming back the beginning of September. He has to give a months notice where he works and tie up some loose ends there.
If for some reason it isn't a good outcome then the kids and I will be moving there. I don't care where I live as long as we are together and he feels the same way.

I will keep you all updated as soon as I hear something else.

Last edited by Angel2k6; Jul 17th 2007 at 1:49 am.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future

sorry for being stupid, but what does BF Date mean?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Grim
We did use our receipt at first to get information. I actually called the centre here in Canada to get my client number. We paid online as well.
At first I couldn't log into ecas. I was trying UK and some other area but to no avail. I finally tried Wales and it worked. I never realized at first it showed specific areas. So as someone else mentioned on here, try different areas to see if thats the problem.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by budda
sorry for being stupid, but what does BF Date mean?
BF means Bring Forward Date
It's a date that is set by your DIO to alert them to look at your file if they haven't done so already. They use it as a precaution so they don't forget about you.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Cool,

Thanks for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.