Shall I wait for IELTS?

Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:59 am
Just Joined

smfa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shall I wait for IELTS?

Hi fellows,

I am applying as a new FSW application to CIC.

Can I submit my application without the IELTS test results (so incomplete documents) but confirming that they will be submitted in course of time? I can attach the test booking receipt as proof. I want to submit before the cap gets hit for my category (which seems likely to happen soon). Who knows if the category I am applying in exists by next May 2014 !

Also, if I do apply without IELTS and my application is returned as incomplete, what happens to it? Does the CIC open up the capped applications again if they return some applications as incomplete?

Or the incomplete applications are kept in a queue to be completed in some finite time ?

Sorry for being kinda picky but it will just help me in planning my application.

Thanks ..
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shall I wait for IELTS?

Welcome to BE

The answer is in the guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/EG7TOC.asp

"... Note. If you do not submit the results of your official language proficiency test indicating that you meet the required proficiency level with your application to the CIO, your application will not be processed and will be returned to you as incomplete.... "

Your application is returned to you - it would be up to you to resubmit it with the correct documentation.

Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

smfa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Siouxie

Would the returned application be given a definite time to resubmit the application again? As by that time I would have gotten my IELTS test results.

In other words, is 'returned' the same as 'rejected' ?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smfa
Thanks Siouxie

Would the returned application be given a definite time to resubmit the application again? As by that time I would have gotten my IELTS test results.

In other words, is 'returned' the same as 'rejected' ?
According to 'next steps' in the guide I gave you the link to:

"... If your application is:

incomplete or;
the allowable cap limit has been reached,
your entire package (including your payment) will be returned to you with a letter explaining why it is being returned.... "

I don't know if you would be given the chance to resubmit - you should read over the manual and see if you can ascertain the answer as it seems a little ambiguous to me: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../op06c-eng.pdf

Hopefully if anyone has experience of it, they will post the answer for you.