After IEC - route to PR

Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Duffer500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After IEC - route to PR

Hi there,

I'm currently in Canada on an IEC working holiday visa.

Over the past year I've been researching my options for something more "permanent" ie. skilled worker, provincial sponsorship.

Although I have all my documents ready to apply for skilled trades program using my UK oil industry experience, it seems the CIC requires 2 letters from companies saying they "might" employ me "if" my application was approved.

My current job as a landscaper isn't worth enough to be granted a work permit because it is seasonal.

I'm aware that after participating in the IEC program I will be classed as "experienced?

I have sought advice from a local free immigration / employment settlement office, but they seem to be teaching themselves at they go!

I have considered an immigration lawyer but feel I will be ripped off, but its not really a case for court.

I'm struggling to find the right option and get an application in the pipeline, which I know the sooner the better.

I'm also worried that I will be kicked out the country the day my IEC visa expires haha

I'd imagine just working and paying tax must contribute to something?

Any advice / stories appreciated!
I've always found assistance on here.

Thank you,

David
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Duffer500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After IEC - route to PR

Hi there,

Is there an option to arrange a discussion / interview with someone from the CIC to discuss further immigration options?

I have sought advice from a local free immigration / employment settlement office, but they seem to be teaching themselves at they go!

I have considered an immigration lawyer but feel I will be ripped off, as its not really a case for court.

I'd just like to speak to someone official, but its difficult enough getting information over the phone and I'm tired of reading online and having online questionnaire wizards tell me I'm not eligible! haha

Thank you.

David
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC advisors?

With over 60 routes available to become a PR in Canada it can become a bit confusing and people keep changing their minds especially when it comes to Provincial Nomination Programmes.
This website might be an easier read than the CIC website.
I highly doubt CHC London will do one on one sit down interviews.
http://www.canadavisa.com
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC advisors?

Originally Posted by Duffer500
Hi there,

Is there an option to arrange a discussion / interview with someone from the CIC to discuss further immigration options?

I have considered an immigration lawyer but feel I will be ripped off, as its not really a case for court.

I'd just like to speak to someone official, but its difficult enough getting information over the phone and I'm tired of reading online and having online questionnaire wizards tell me I'm not eligible! haha

Thank you.

David
Good morning David,

Unfortunately CIC cannot advise you on what route you should take or which you may qualify for.

The call centre is notorious for giving out incorrect information.

You said in another thread that you had thought about the FSW (Trades) program but that you needed 2 job offers. This is incorrect. You either need to get certified for your trade in the Province you wish to live in or have a job offer.

There are more than 50 routes to Canadian PR, so more information would be needed to ascertain which route would be the easier for you.

Which Province are you living in?

What is it that you did prior to coming here on an IEC?

What are your qualifications?

Edited to say, I am going to merge your two posts and move the thread to the Canada Immigration Forum as you are more likely to get answers there.

Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice
Default Re: After IEC - route to PR

Can I ask what sort of job you did whilst working in the UK oil industry?

If you happen to be a Geoscientist or Geological Engineer you could apply through the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) programme, providing you have at least 1yr work experience and meet all the other basic requirements (pretty sure one of them is a relevant degree).