Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sending passports by courier, Oh no !

Wikiposts

Sending passports by courier, Oh no !

Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice
Default Re: Sending passports by courier, Oh no !

Hi all thanks for your great help yet again !
Duck, this whole county is devastated. Nowt ever happens here then just when we're ready to go, wham natural disaster !
Seeing things on TV is one thing. But to see the power of nature close up is really shocking !
I'll tell y'all about the latest goings on in our crazy life when I get a minute.
I finally got a few people to take a bit of interest at UPS last night.
The best service I got was from a lady in Canada, Canadian eh !
She emailed to say she was so sorry about our treatment and would pursue our cause with UPS UK.
First thing today there was a message on the phone to say the cost of shipping would be refunded.
I've emailed customer service today to say I want compen. This is gonna hold us up by a few weeks with the Xmas break.
I'll let you know how the claim progresses.
It's took a while to wake them up but I'm getting there.
Jimsan.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jimsan
Hi guys, just a word of warning for anyone contemplating using a courier to send your passports after getting PPR.
Our immigration advisor rang on Monday to say we'd got PPR. Cue wild celebrations, levitating, adrenalin sky high, etc.
When you use an advisor all communication, etc goes through them.
So she advised me to send our passports and 4 immigration photos to them by courier. Thus avoiding the backlog of Royal Mail post.
We're caught in the middle of the Cumbrian floods (that's another story for another day) so phone lines and internet have been down.
So I couldn't track the package after I sent it on Tuesday, until now !!
My mind was at rest as we'd paid top dollar to send it via UPS.
Then our advisor would courier it to CHC, then back to us.
When I tracked it now it's stuck in Quebec, after being ping ponged back and forward between Canada and the USA ???????
Sounds like they lost it at some stage or stages ????
UPS UK have no phone lines open til Monday morning ???
This is supposed to be a 24 hour global delivery company
I've emailed UPS UK and USA, but no response after 3 hours !!!
Can't believe this. We've used Royal Mail and never had a problem sending our mountains of docs for our application to our advisors in Quebec.
Royal Mail got all this stuff there within 4-7 days with no complications and at a fraction of UPS prices.
This is all we need. Just be careful guys.
Getting all the info together for our claim against UPS.
I just hope they don't lose our precious passports
Lordy ! Lordy !

Hey Jimsan,

Just got a phone call from our immigration agents, our passports are now being fedexed to us from Canada as we speak!!!!!! Should get them on Monday! Hope you get yours soon.

Lorraine
Old Nov 26th 2009, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi Lorraine, that's fantastic news.
Thanks for your kind wishes.
Just when you get the relief of thinking all this crap is over, it comes back to give you another bite !
Our advisor got our passports on Tuesday, 7 days and 7 hours after UPS picked them up. I sent them using UPS Express , their 1-3 day delivery service !
Our advisor couriered ( I get a nervous twitch when I hear that word now !) them to London immediately via Fedex. But we're gonna be struggling to get them back before Xmas. Our plans have definitely gone on hold until we have those passports back.
This is all added stress that we certainly don't need. It's pulled me away from sorting out our emigration for a week, as I've been busy sorting UPS and our passports out.
Things can only get better
Take care,
Jimsan.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jimsan
Hi Lorraine, that's fantastic news.
Thanks for your kind wishes.
Just when you get the relief of thinking all this crap is over, it comes back to give you another bite !
Our advisor got our passports on Tuesday, 7 days and 7 hours after UPS picked them up. I sent them using UPS Express , their 1-3 day delivery service !
Our advisor couriered ( I get a nervous twitch when I hear that word now !) them to London immediately via Fedex. But we're gonna be struggling to get them back before Xmas. Our plans have definitely gone on hold until we have those passports back.
This is all added stress that we certainly don't need. It's pulled me away from sorting out our emigration for a week, as I've been busy sorting UPS and our passports out.
Things can only get better
Take care,
Jimsan.

Sit back and relax and have a lovely Christmas because come New Year you will have your passports with the shiney new visas in them and then it's all systems go and you won't know what's hit you!. That's what we are doing now, getting our last (hopefully) Christmas/New Year in Edinburgh out the way and then come January it will be all about job hunting etc so I am making the most of the calm while it lasts! I also have the added stress of trying to get our rather large dog out to Canada too, not looking forward to sorting that one out!

Best wishes

Lorraine
Old Nov 27th 2009, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Lorraine, best wishes to you and your family too !
Yeah, after all this waiting and being in limbo it's all systems go.
Still prefer that to the constant hoping and worrying.
Good luck with the dog.
Try a google on it.
We're using Excess Baggage for our flock of suitcases.
But we've held off having pets for 4 years until we get to Canada.
There's so much in life we've had to give up while we've been waiting.
I think all those things add up and increase the tension and pressure.
Especially as you never know you're going for definite until you get PPR.
We're still in party mode since we got PPR.
I think that'll continue until we get to Canada, and probably after.
And why not, we've been waiting for 4 years since we decided to go for it.
Gonna be a great Xmas and New Year.
How long we're still rooting for you, come on CIC.
Jimsan.