Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sending passports by courier, Oh no !

Wikiposts

Sending passports by courier, Oh no !

Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice
Default Sending passports by courier, Oh no !

Hi guys, just a word of warning for anyone contemplating using a courier to send your passports after getting PPR.
Our immigration advisor rang on Monday to say we'd got PPR. Cue wild celebrations, levitating, adrenalin sky high, etc.
When you use an advisor all communication, etc goes through them.
So she advised me to send our passports and 4 immigration photos to them by courier. Thus avoiding the backlog of Royal Mail post.
We're caught in the middle of the Cumbrian floods (that's another story for another day) so phone lines and internet have been down.
So I couldn't track the package after I sent it on Tuesday, until now !!
My mind was at rest as we'd paid top dollar to send it via UPS.
Then our advisor would courier it to CHC, then back to us.
When I tracked it now it's stuck in Quebec, after being ping ponged back and forward between Canada and the USA ???????
Sounds like they lost it at some stage or stages ????
UPS UK have no phone lines open til Monday morning ???
This is supposed to be a 24 hour global delivery company
I've emailed UPS UK and USA, but no response after 3 hours !!!
Can't believe this. We've used Royal Mail and never had a problem sending our mountains of docs for our application to our advisors in Quebec.
Royal Mail got all this stuff there within 4-7 days with no complications and at a fraction of UPS prices.
This is all we need. Just be careful guys.
Getting all the info together for our claim against UPS.
I just hope they don't lose our precious passports
Lordy ! Lordy !
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:57 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending passports by courier, Oh no !

Oh, no ...feels sometimes like it is deliberate & they know just how to keep the stress levels high when you are nearly at the last stage.

Hope it is resolved smoothly.

p.s. hope things as well as can be expected with the floods too...
Old Nov 21st 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Cheers Bali, I'm fuming
But it's not the end of the world when you see what's going on up here int north ! I'm really gutted about the poor policeman who drowned while trying to save lives. He lived 3 miles down the road from us and has 4 kids !
Put's our whinges into perspective eh ?
Cumbria is devastated by these floods, it's like War of the Worlds !
I'll give you all the craic one of these days when I get to draw breath and have an hour's sleep !!!!
We're safe but very shook up
Jimsan.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimsan
Cheers Bali, I'm fuming
But it's not the end of the world when you see what's going on up here int north ! I'm really gutted about the poor policeman who drowned while trying to save lives. He lived 3 miles down the road from us and has 4 kids !
Put's our whinges into perspective eh ?
Cumbria is devastated by these floods, it's like War of the Worlds !
I'll give you all the craic one of these days when I get to draw breath and have an hour's sleep !!!!
We're safe but very shook up
Jimsan.
Sorry to hear about your passports Jimsan, hope it gets sorted by monday,
Also sorry about the floods must be awful and esp feel for the poor policemans family, just been watching it on TV, hope you stay safe and sleep well.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, just a word of warning for anyone contemplating using a courier to send your passports after getting PPR.
Our immigration advisor rang on Monday to say we'd got PPR. Cue wild celebrations, levitating, adrenalin sky high, etc.
So she advised me to send our passports and 4 immigration photos to them by courier. Thus avoiding the backlog of Royal Mail post.
We're caught in the middle of the Cumbrian floods (that's another story for another day) so phone lines and internet have been down.
When I tracked it now it's stuck in Quebec, after being ping ponged back and forward between Canada and the USA ???????
Can't believe this. We've used Royal Mail and never had a problem sending our mountains of docs for our application to our advisors in Quebec.
Royal Mail got all this stuff there within 4-7 days with no complications and at a fraction of UPS prices.
Lordy ! Lordy !
Hi Jimsan
We sent our passports via Royal Mail Special delivery on thursday lunch time they arrived at CHC London friday morning. How come you sent your passorts to London via your agent in Canada?

regards
Joinerboy
Old Nov 24th 2009, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi all our passports finally got to our advisor today.
Thank God for small mercies.
Joinerboy, they insisted we had to send passports to them first.
It's like that when you use advisors.
They are always very evasive and don't offer you any info.
They also do a lot of illogical things.
I know more about emigrating to Canada than they do !
Which is a really scary thing to realise.
Lots of people including ourselves are paying these clowns a fortune in return for something that I could do a million times better myself.
The service by UPS has been appalling !
We sent the passports by UPS Express at a cost of £50. That guarantees delivery within 1-3 business days. It's took from 11am last Tuesday until 6pm tonight
I wasn't bothered about the dosh as I thought they would give us the best service available ! Naive little me !
I've had no response to 4 emails. I've spoke to all sorts of managers and staff there. Only a couple were helpful and it's took until tonight for the first apology !
I've requested a refund and compen but they say ther's nothing bthey could do about it. Told them I'll sue them and still weren't interested.
I'm thinking of doing 2 things tomorrow. Talking to their top person in the UK.
Then starting legal proceedings.
Anyone got any other ideas ?
They've wiped the memory off their tracking system immediately to try and remove the evidence. But I'd already printed it off, so like the delivery they're too late.
Jimsan.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Like you say if thats what your agent has asked you to do.
But its a bit silly they've had you posting them to Canada for them to only then post them back to London when the PPR is just 4 standard pages of info 1 of which you just pop your info on like passport number your name height & eye colour and together with your passorts & 2 photos you send them to London its as simple as that.I could have emailed you the 4 forms required.
Not to worry as long as your passports are safe

regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Nov 24th 2009 at 6:18 am.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future

Lordy ! Lordy !
We had the same problem, sent our passports by UPS to our agents, they got it within 2 working days, found UPS very good, that was about 4 weeks ago and have not heard anything from our agents, also our Ecas has been updated to decision made!

Hope we get our passports back soon.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Joinerboy. Yeah it makes no sense.
But hey that's immigration advisors for you.
Lorraine, it sounds like you and us are in for a bit more waiting.
Well, we're certainly used to that eh ?
Good luck to you both.
Off to set fire to UPS's local office, av it !!!!
Jimsan.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all our passports finally got to our advisor today.
Thank God for small mercies.
Joinerboy, they insisted we had to send passports to them first.
It's like that when you use advisors.
They are always very evasive and don't offer you any info.
They also do a lot of illogical things.
I know more about emigrating to Canada than they do !
Which is a really scary thing to realise.
Lots of people including ourselves are paying these clowns a fortune in return for something that I could do a million times better myself.
The service by UPS has been appalling !
We sent the passports by UPS Express at a cost of £50. That guarantees delivery within 1-3 business days. It's took from 11am last Tuesday until 6pm tonight
I wasn't bothered about the dosh as I thought they would give us the best service available ! Naive little me !
I've had no response to 4 emails. I've spoke to all sorts of managers and staff there. Only a couple were helpful and it's took until tonight for the first apology !
I've requested a refund and compen but they say ther's nothing bthey could do about it. Told them I'll sue them and still weren't interested.
I'm thinking of doing 2 things tomorrow. Talking to their top person in the UK.
Then starting legal proceedings.
Anyone got any other ideas ?
They've wiped the memory off their tracking system immediately to try and remove the evidence. But I'd already printed it off, so like the delivery they're too late.
Jimsan.
Great that they received them at last
Start up a thread on hear entitled UPS use them or not and tell them they are on here depending on there response to your complaints will be the deciding factor on what you post

Good luck whatever happens
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi Coffeepot, that's a nice bit of leverage.
Will go that way.
But they have so far not been interested in any emails I've sent.
Certainly not calling them again.
Gonna have a look at consumer advice.
Lorraine, our agent says it's gonna be 4 weeks til the passports get back to them !!!!
So you're not far away and we're probably 6 weeks away when you put Xmas/New year in among it !
I wish I could work at the same pace these companies and CHC do.
I'd have to take a few pillows in to work with me.
Stressed ? Never
Old Nov 24th 2009, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

I always found the standard way to get companies to jump was to threaten them with watchdog / newspaper publicity.

Sadly they way things are is that they will make things as difficult as possible in the hope you will give up.

If they then fail in this they will end up paying you refund and compensation etc. Usually by way of a groveling apology from a manager.

The STUPID thing is that if someone at the start was prepared to be nice and helpful and treat you like a human being then I am guessing you would have settled for alot less.

Still it could be worse... it could be BT you are dealing with lol!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:45 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jimsan

I could be really off track here, but (from my experience with the Zoom debacle) - if you pay for a service with credit card & then don't get it, can you not claim from the credit card & let them chase it up?

Might be a min value which rules it out?
Not sure if later than what you were paying for counts as not getting it - does in my book.

Of course, could be that all this does is pass the problems you have with UPS to problems with a credit card co.

Small claims court threat, may or may not help.

Sorry out of ideas but lots of empathy
Old Nov 24th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future

Will go that way.
Lorraine, our agent says it's gonna be 4 weeks til the passports get back to them !!!!
So you're not far away and we're probably 6 weeks away when you put Xmas/New year in among it !
Stressed ? Never
Fingers crossed if we get our passports back in time for Xmas/New Year we will be having some BIIIIGGGGGGG celebrations up here in Edinburgh! Will keep you posted
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Cor flippin heck Jimsan it is never straight forward for you is it!! At least they have your passports now so just a bit more of a wait, which as you say we are more than use to! My hubby is off to London tomorrow with passports in sticky hand, so that is exciting

Very sorry to hear that you have been affected by the awful floods, and my heart goes out to that Policeman, his family and all your local community...hope things are improving for you up there.

Will go that way.
Stressed ? Never

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.