Self Induced Nightmare

Old Nov 14th 2015, 9:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Induced Nightmare

^^^ I totally agree with everything everybody else has said, as far as I'm aware whilst you're on implied status you *are* in legal status and there's no reason you can't apply for PR now.

Personally, I'd get rid of the consultant (even if she was giving you the correct advice, there's no need to use a consultant anyway) and just get your app asap.

HTH, sorry it's a bit brief but just received Sioux's PM and wanted to respond quickly, but dashing out the door to take my son to rugby!

Best of luck.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

paolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
^^^ I totally agree with everything everybody else has said, as far as I'm aware whilst you're on implied status you *are* in legal status and there's no reason you can't apply for PR now.

Personally, I'd get rid of the consultant (even if she was giving you the correct advice, there's no need to use a consultant anyway) and just get your app asap.

HTH, sorry it's a bit brief but just received Sioux's PM and wanted to respond quickly, but dashing out the door to take my son to rugby!

Best of luck.
good luck with the rugby game

yes, PR going in soon, still gathering info....the confusion is over the temporary work permit which came in on a pilot scheme in december 2014 for one year

i was applying for both together..now that i am on an extended tourist visa (implied), she has told me that i can apply for the PR Spousal visa but NOT the temp pilot scheme work visa
Old Nov 16th 2015, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

vanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond reputevanity has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The CIC call centre isn't called the misinformation line for nothing

I'll pm christmasoompa and ask her to pop by
Very good point Siouxie, thanks for picking that up!

I see christmasoompa has flown in now too
Old Nov 16th 2015, 6:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paolob99
good luck with the rugby game

yes, PR going in soon, still gathering info....the confusion is over the temporary work permit which came in on a pilot scheme in december 2014 for one year

i was applying for both together..now that i am on an extended tourist visa (implied), she has told me that i can apply for the PR Spousal visa but NOT the temp pilot scheme work visa
You have legal status here as you put in for an extended visitor permit prior to your other one expiring. It says so in the regulations I linked to.

If you can afford to lose the $150 (I think it's that much) if it gets refused, why not just put it in with your Inland PR application, regardless - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. For what it's worth, I think your IC is incorrect in her assumption. Again, you have checked that they are registered I hope? https://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm

Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

paolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond reputepaolob99 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks once again for all the pointers. It is all very, very much appreciated.

My immigration consultant is on the list.

I arrived in Canada in April 2015. I am now on my 4th tourist visa extension.

I am applying for PR via Spousal Sponsorship, and everything should be ready to submit within the next ten days.

Am I better submitting inland or outland? I am a UK citizen.

I have been very slack with my immigration, for a number of reasons, but there are no excuses, and my immigration consultant is, rightly, a little bit annoyed with me although she tries to disguise that. She has been very good thus far and I get a good vibe from her, but I will have to look at the financial aspect again.

The Temporary Work permit, does this have to be submitted with the Spousal Sponsorship, ie, at the same time?

I have been looking everywhere and still have no definitive answer as to whether I can apply for it with an implied visa status, ie, I am awaiting a tourist visa extension.

Does anyone know if the temporary work visa pilot scheme will be extended beyond december, as it was/is a one year pilot scheme.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 12:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paolob99
Thanks once again for all the pointers. It is all very, very much appreciated.

My immigration consultant is on the list.

I arrived in Canada in April 2015. I am now on my 4th tourist visa extension.

I am applying for PR via Spousal Sponsorship, and everything should be ready to submit within the next ten days.

Am I better submitting inland or outland? I am a UK citizen.

I have been very slack with my immigration, for a number of reasons, but there are no excuses, and my immigration consultant is, rightly, a little bit annoyed with me although she tries to disguise that. She has been very good thus far and I get a good vibe from her, but I will have to look at the financial aspect again.

The Temporary Work permit, does this have to be submitted with the Spousal Sponsorship, ie, at the same time?

I have been looking everywhere and still have no definitive answer as to whether I can apply for it with an implied visa status, ie, I am awaiting a tourist visa extension.

Does anyone know if the temporary work visa pilot scheme will be extended beyond december, as it was/is a one year pilot scheme.
Only you can decide whether to apply Inland or Outland. If you want to apply for an open work permit, under the pilot scheme, then you will have to apply 'Inland' - if you are not going to apply then there is no real necessity for you to do that and would probably be better off to apply 'Outland'. If you read the wiki article on it, it tells you the pro's and con's.

There are two completely different sets of application forms for 'Inland' and 'Outland' so you would need to decide before you start filling them out!

The application for an OWP work permit doesn't have to be applied for at the same time, however, there are absolutely no guarantees that the pilot scheme will be continued and therefore if you don't submit at the same time, you are risking applying 'Inland' for nothing!

I could find nothing in the regulations to preclude you from applying for the OWP on 'implied status' (albeit legal status), can your IC tell you the regulation that applies?

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki Where to apply
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki
Program delivery update - December 22, 2014
International Mobility Program: Open work permit
qualifying foreign nationals who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (SCLPCC).

Officers will issue open work permits to SCLPCC applicants if they meet the following requirements:
a permanent residence application has been submitted under the SCLPCC,
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident spouse has submitted a sponsorship application on their behalf,
the SCLPCC applicant resides at the same address as the sponsor, and
the SCLPCC applicant has valid temporary resident status (as a visitor, student or worker).**
** Which we have already ascertained you have from regulations -
Extension of period authorized for stay

(5) Subject to subsection (5.1), if a temporary resident has applied for an extension of the period authorized for their stay and a decision is not made on the application by the end of the period authorized for their stay, the period is extended until

(a) the day on which a decision is made, if the application is refused; or

(b) the end of the new period authorized for their stay, if the application is allowed.
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
Old Nov 30th 2015, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

I have called the CIC info centre twice, and I am none the wiser.

I am wondering if anyone can give me a direct link to the form that I need to complete for the Temporary Work Permit Scheme (the scheme introduced for 1 year in December 2014 that id processed within four months)

I have clicked Siouxsie's link above, but I cannot find it.

I am going to try to fill it in and submit it with my Spousal Sponsor Application
Old Nov 30th 2015, 3:25 pm
Banned

Program delivery update - December 22, 2014 Link to application is on this page - you need to read this page as it gives you instructions on where and when to send it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...end-worker.asp

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 30th 2015 at 3:27 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2015, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

thanks very much, Siouxie

Just looking through the documents right now