Self-Employed or Independent

Old May 1st 2001, 11:41 am
DaFunkyMan

I'm finding it diffucult to find answers to a couple of questions, if any one could
help I would really appreciate it.

1.- In Canada can I start a business similar to a Limited Co. (in the UK) if I come
in as a Self-employed immigrant, and contract out my services to larger companies?

2.- As a Self-employed immigrant, if my business failed would I be able to seek work?

3.- Can some one explain the contracting market in Canada.

4.- Would I be better of apply as a Self-employed immigrant or an Independent, I'm
able to prove the succesful operation of a web developing Ltd Company in the UK
with a annual turn over of < C$200.000?

5.- How do I go about creating a Ltd Company in Canada?

Thank you.

Old May 1st 2001, 4:14 pm
WebImmigration.Com

Hi:

In order to qualify as a "self-employed person", applicants must: intend and have the
ability to establish or purchase a business in Canada that will create an employment
opportunity for that person and will make a significant contribution to the economy,
or the cultural or artistic life of Canada. This program has been developed for
persons who will establish their own employment in Canada. It is not intended for
those seeking employment.

Applicants must receive a total of 70 points or more in order to qualify. A
successful applicant is granted 30 bonus points for meeting the above four elements.
The 30 bonus points make it incredibly easy to enable an applicant to qualify.

The applicant must then obtain a further 40 points to meet the total of 70 points.
The 40 points are acquired on the following factors of:

Education Education and Training Experience Occupational Demand Demographic Factor
Age Knowledge of English and French Personal Suitability Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen,
B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
if
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >