Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Seeking clarification on 'business application' options

Seeking clarification on 'business application' options

Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Bluespace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! I'm strugglng to find a suitable category

Thanks for your professional advice, Andrew.

You've given me a clear direction in which to go. As for shopping around, it's only recently that I've thought seriously about migrating to Canada.

It's just as well I did ask the questions. I'm sure they'll be more 'circumstances' to air before my application can be put forward. Still at least I know some of the specifics of the immigration category criteria.

Steve

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
You may forget work permit on the basis of "having a business here" - you would have a chance only if you would not be self-employed and your company in UK would be sending you to Canada to open a branch or subsidiary. Company in UK would have to continue operations and have employees.

Your best route will be spousal sponsorship - you must get married first though as there in no fiancee category anymore. You may explore if you can qualify as conjugal partners - but this is a tough one and if you are only fiancess living separately by choice then no chance. By choice means that it is you guys who decided for various reasons not to get married and/or not to try to live together as common-law partners. You would have to document trying and have visa refusals, etc. plus document having conjugal (married like) relationship with all aspects of interdependency (emotional, physical, social, financial, etc.).

If you are married then it is simpler - your spouse doesn't need to meet minimum income requirements as long as she can document being able to support financially herself and you.

Now your thread clearly shows that you should have contacted immigration practitioner in Canada in the first place and at least get full evaluation of your chances and possible options. The way you are "shopping around" for information, piece by piece and without disclosing all details of your circumstances will take long time or may not even lead you to any reliable conclusion.

Many reputable and experienced immigration practitioners in Canada (including myself) offer free evaluation.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! I'm strugglng to find a suitable category

I'm not sure about it - I haven't given you clear direction (except maybe suggesting asking professional for free evaluation) where to go as I know nothing about your case. I only suggested that there may be other options, including sponsorship - but without full evaluation I can't give you any solid advice.

Contact me directly for free evaluation and save yourself a lot of time wasted here "shopping around" for single answers not always related to your particular circumstances. You will also save my time as well this way.

Originally posted by Bluespace
Thanks for your professional advice, Andrew.

You've given me a clear direction in which to go. As for shopping around, it's only recently that I've thought seriously about migrating to Canada.

It's just as well I did ask the questions. I'm sure they'll be more 'circumstances' to air before my application can be put forward. Still at least I know some of the specifics of the immigration category criteria.

Steve