processing time

Old Jun 27th 2004, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

jdam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default processing time

Just some simple facts...I'm anxious to move over to Canada, willing to bring in a lot of money, starting a new business over there with renewed ambition. I bring them years of business experience , a will to invest and a perfect knowledge of the language ( on top of the 4 other languages I know) and STILL I have to wait like 2 to 3 years to get approved. I would consider someone like me as an enrichment to the society (don't want to sound arrogant ) and encourage people like me to come over within a realistic timeframe.
It is a beautifull country , but I'm getting my doubts about it, looks like I'll be having the same bureaucracy over there. The very same thing that I'm trying to escape over here.
Canada is an " immigration" nation, still , over here in "old" Europe, it is a hell of a lot easier to get in from anywhere in the world than it is to get in North-America.
Just my thoughts. I'm considering other countries to move over.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:02 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: processing time

You are free to consider any country you want. But if you want to immigrate to Canada then no amount of money will buy you PR status faster - everyone must go through the approval process and be checked for inadmissibility (medical, criminal and security). More - Canada has more applicants submitting their cases than our annual targets are in easch class - thus it also adds some additional backlog.

If you are so anxious to move over then you may start business in Canada and start contributing your money and experience here before you get your PR status - there are many legal ways to achieve it and most of my clients in Business class do just that.

Also "2 to 3 years" processing time is overstated for most nationals - in your case it shouldn't take longer than 12 to 18 months. And if you are interested in finding out what can be done in your case to move here before becoming a PR then simply ask when you'll be sending me the numbers you promised to send last week.

Originally posted by jdam
Just some simple facts...I'm anxious to move over to Canada, willing to bring in a lot of money, starting a new business over there with renewed ambition. I bring them years of business experience , a will to invest and a perfect knowledge of the language ( on top of the 4 other languages I know) and STILL I have to wait like 2 to 3 years to get approved. I would consider someone like me as an enrichment to the society (don't want to sound arrogant ) and encourage people like me to come over within a realistic timeframe.
It is a beautifull country , but I'm getting my doubts about it, looks like I'll be having the same bureaucracy over there. The very same thing that I'm trying to escape over here.
Canada is an " immigration" nation, still , over here in "old" Europe, it is a hell of a lot easier to get in from anywhere in the world than it is to get in North-America.
Just my thoughts. I'm considering other countries to move over.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jun 27th 2004 at 9:08 am.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

jdam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: processing time

Guess I'm just in a bad mood today.
You'll have your #'s . My accountend did my 2003 tax report last friday and I'll send them asap. Just want them to be accurate.
Jan