Seeking advice

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Wizardoffire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking advice

In my last thread I spoke about what would be my best options and came to the conclusion that common law would be the best foot forward.

What with one thing and another, did take steps to meet the proof but haven't actually gone any further.

Anyways, coming to the end of my second IEC(runs out middle of May), been applying for jobs whilst on my current job as they have openly said they won't sponsor me and alas it isn't a skilled job either.

I feel like I'm at rock bottom, in the space of a year, I've lost the two biggest male influences in my life; my father and my grandfather. Leaving me wanting to be in two places at once.

I apologise for the ramblings and if I have missed anything out but my head is quite simply a mess.

Any help and suggestions will be gratefully appreciated, had some good help from here before
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:08 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking advice

Originally Posted by Wizardoffire
In my last thread I spoke about what would be my best options and came to the conclusion that common law would be the best foot forward.

What with one thing and another, did take steps to meet the proof but haven't actually gone any further.

Anyways, coming to the end of my second IEC(runs out middle of May), been applying for jobs whilst on my current job as they have openly said they won't sponsor me and alas it isn't a skilled job either.

I feel like I'm at rock bottom, in the space of a year, I've lost the two biggest male influences in my life; my father and my grandfather. Leaving me wanting to be in two places at once.

I apologise for the ramblings and if I have missed anything out but my head is quite simply a mess.

Any help and suggestions will be gratefully appreciated, had some good help from here before
What help or advice are you seeking? Shouldn't you be putting in your spousal sponsorship ASAP? Where are the two places you want to be? Do you mean Canada and the UK?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Canada and the UK

just general advice/guidance thats not connected to me, that might come up with something different, that just might make my decision easier, someone who may have been in a very similar spot to me and can share what they did
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Canada and the UK

just general advice/guidance thats not connected to me, that might come up with something different, that just might make my decision easier, someone who may have been in a very similar spot to me and can share what they did
Do you want visa suggestions, or advice on whether to stay in Canada or return to the UK? It's not clear from your post what decision you want help with?

People will be more than happy to help if you can give a bit more info.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Do you want visa suggestions, or advice on whether to stay in Canada or return to the UK? It's not clear from your post what decision you want help with?
both
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

both
Ok. Visa wise it doesn't sound as though you have any options other than spousal sponsorship?

Whether to stay or go, can you afford to stay in Canada without working once your IEC runs out? And is your gf happy to move to the UK (and able to visa wise) if that's what you decide to do?
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:13 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you apply tomorrow, I think from what I've read on here a spousal sponsorship takes at lot longer than you have between now and May. As Christmas said, can you afford to stay in Canada without working once your IEC visa expires? If you returned to the UK can your girlfriend come with you - and again, would she be able to work in the UK?

As for which Country - I would have thought that was entirely up to the two of you and your circumstances. Different people like different things. I'm not sure the opinions of others are really going to add anything. What is tempting you back to the UK? I thought this was all about trying to stay in Canada? If not, why not just get on a plane home? - hopefully with girlfriend as well.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Apologies for the late reply, thanks for the responses, been having a couple of difficult weeks

She has openly stated that she wants to move to the UK but not yet due to having to move the kids

Think I've decided to go ahead with the application and currently downloaded all the forms for common law in Canada. I hope these are the right forms?

I should be able to get my application in before my current visa expires, then I know I will have to leave the country but there then shouldnt be a problem coming back as a visitor, depending on the border guards decision?
Old Apr 16th 2015, 5:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Apologies for the late reply, thanks for the responses, been having a couple of difficult weeks

She has openly stated that she wants to move to the UK but not yet due to having to move the kids

Think I've decided to go ahead with the application and currently downloaded all the forms for common law in Canada. I hope these are the right forms?

I should be able to get my application in before my current visa expires, then I know I will have to leave the country but there then shouldnt be a problem coming back as a visitor, depending on the border guards decision?
You don't need to leave the country, you can just apply online to switch to visitor status.

As this thread now seems to more about the visa side of things I'll move it to the immi section of the forum. Do have a good read of the Spousal sponsorship FAQ's and Wiki articles which should help with your application.

Good luck.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the reply and the move

doesnt the visitor switch take a while to go through?
Old Apr 16th 2015, 6:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply and the move

doesnt the visitor switch take a while to go through?
No, you apply when you are roughly 30 days before your work permit expires, and you should have a decision within a couple of weeks.

There's a FAQ about applying for spousal outland via London linked in my signature. Have it open while you fill out the forms as it will probably answer 90% of the questions you have while filling out the forms.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

thanks will certainly be sure to use those links

im inside of 30 days... it expires on the 9th of may
Old Apr 16th 2015, 7:43 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Apply online to change to a visitor then! If you haven't heard by 9 May then you have implied status as a visitor until you do hear officially from CIC, so even if it takes longer than 3 weeks don't stress.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Apply online to change to a visitor then! If you haven't heard by 9 May then you have implied status as a visitor until you do hear officially from CIC, so even if it takes longer than 3 weeks don't stress.
ah ok, thanks... will have to try again after work, somehow when going through the wizard it told me I needed a medical to change to a visitor
Whilst on the subject of a medical, can someone confirm if this is the only available in NS
Address: Kawchuk Medical Incorporated
Old Apr 17th 2015, 1:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

ah ok, thanks... will have to try again after work, somehow when going through the wizard it told me I needed a medical to change to a visitor
Whilst on the subject of a medical, can someone confirm if this is the only available in NS
Address: Kawchuk Medical Incorporated
Yes, I think they are the only DMP in NS now. There used to be another one, but I don't think they do it anymore - you can check for up to date info on the CIC website though.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.