second attempt on ielts

Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

riten is an unknown quantity at this point
Default second attempt on ielts

hi, I just want to know

Is the score obtained at second attempt of ietls is acceptabe by Canada embassy?

If yes, then getting good band in ielts on second attempt, makes a bad impression on visa officer about ur language knowledge.

thanks in advance 4 answres
Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: second attempt on ielts

Originally Posted by riten
hi, I just want to know

Is the score obtained at second attempt of ietls is acceptabe by Canada embassy?

If yes, then getting good band in ielts on second attempt, makes a bad impression on visa officer about ur language knowledge.

thanks in advance 4 answres
Yes, it is acceptable.

No it does not make a bad impression. I had to test the IELTS twice. I did not send the first score, I only sent the second score and I did not have any problem getting the visa...so go ahead test it again if you need it, and send the second score as soon as possible...
Good luck
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

sairam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tsananez
Yes, it is acceptable.

No it does not make a bad impression. I had to test the IELTS twice. I did not send the first score, I only sent the second score and I did not have any problem getting the visa...so go ahead test it again if you need it, and send the second score as soon as possible...
Good luck
Hi tsananez

Did you send the IELTS score afterwards. Or did you send the IELTS scores alon with the application?

If I want to make an application for PR today, can i go ahead and apply without IELTS scores and still claim maximum points for Language skills by attaching the explanation for doing so.

If the visa officer does NOT get satisfied, probably he/she shall come back and ask me to substantiate my claim by appearing for IELTS. Is this assumption correct? I can appear for IELTS and then apply for PR, but I do not want to delay my PR application process.

Please revert.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sairam
Hi tsananez

Did you send the IELTS score afterwards. Or did you send the IELTS scores alon with the application?

If I want to make an application for PR today, can i go ahead and apply without IELTS scores and still claim maximum points for Language skills by attaching the explanation for doing so.

If the visa officer does NOT get satisfied, probably he/she shall come back and ask me to substantiate my claim by appearing for IELTS. Is this assumption correct? I can appear for IELTS and then apply for PR, but I do not want to delay my PR application process.

Please revert.
First I sent my application without the IELTS. Buffalo sent me the whole application back and ask for IELTS. I took the exam I did not get the required mark. I test agin I got the mark. Then I submitted the application with the second score.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

sairam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tsananez
First I sent my application without the IELTS. Buffalo sent me the whole application back and ask for IELTS. I took the exam I did not get the required mark. I test agin I got the mark. Then I submitted the application with the second score.
They sent it back, what does it mean. Does it mean that they are NOT satisfied with the explanation you have provided as an attachment? Or do they require every one to appear for IELTS? I have a few more questions.

I want to apply ASAP. So i may be applying WITHOUT Police clearance certificate. Is it acceptable?

As I said earlier i may apply with the explanation for seeking maximum points for English proficiency. If Visa officer requests me to substantiate this, i am planning to appear for IELTS. I may appear for IELTS other wise also and will suuply the score to CIC, if they are good. Is this approach acceptable?
Old Nov 25th 2004, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

They sent it back, what does it mean. Does it mean that they are NOT satisfied with the explanation you have provided as an attachment? Or do they require every one to appear for IELTS? I have a few more questions.
This means that they sent my whole package back, with all the documents and forms that I had sent for my application. I guess they were not satisfied with the documents that I sent to support my level of English and for that reason they asked me to re-submit the application when I had the score of the IELTS... this happened in October 2002, so I am not sure if they are more easy going now...

About your other questions I am not sure about the answer, hopefully someone else can give an idea...
Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I want to apply ASAP. So i may be applying WITHOUT Police clearance certificate. Is it acceptable?

As I said earlier i may apply with the explanation for seeking maximum points for English proficiency. If Visa officer requests me to substantiate this, i am planning to appear for IELTS. I may appear for IELTS other wise also and will suuply the score to CIC, if they are good. Is this approach acceptable?
If you send it without the IELTS and PCC, there is a good chance that your application will be returned and you will have to submit a complete application.

PMM
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

nwebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Riten,
I sent the Application with my IELTS score card.. but applied for reevaluation and got a better score second time and sent the second one with a letter and my File no. My first score card had a band of 6.5 in apeaking and second card had a band of 7. I sent my iniatial application last June(2003) and second IELTS score sheet in Aug (2003). Got my PP request this nov(2004)
Old Nov 26th 2004, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Canadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nwebie
Riten,
I sent the Application with my IELTS score card.. but applied for reevaluation and got a better score second time and sent the second one with a letter and my File no. My first score card had a band of 6.5 in apeaking and second card had a band of 7. I sent my iniatial application last June(2003) and second IELTS score sheet in Aug (2003). Got my PP request this nov(2004)
I have a small question.
"how exactly did you send the score"
Did you directly send to cic buffalo or asked British Council to send to
cic buffalo with the case number.

I guess the first option is the safer one. I have serious doubts whether
they will place the score in your correct file. After all both
(British council and CIC) are beaurocracies.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

nwebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Canadaproject
I have a small question.
"how exactly did you send the score"
Did you directly send to cic buffalo or asked British Council to send to
cic buffalo with the case number.

I guess the first option is the safer one. I have serious doubts whether
they will place the score in your correct file. After all both
(British council and CIC) are beaurocracies.

I sent it directly to cic. I wrote a cover letter and also wrote File number at like 3 different places on the Envelop