Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Centauri, Amina and other Manila applicants

Centauri, Amina and other Manila applicants

Old Nov 21st 2004, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

stillw8ng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Centauri, Amina and other Manila applicants

Hi Centauri/Amina,

Remember me? I have just recently checked the forum for messages and I would just like to know at what stages of processing you are all currently in. Centauri, from your previous posts, I would like to congratulate you for having a successful interview last Aug. When did you undergo the medicals? As for me, this is what happened after we received our medical forms last June:

June 04-received interview waiver letter and medical forms but requested for extension of medicals because of new born baby
Sept 04 - submitted baby's documents, etc. and requested for baby's med form
Oct 04-received baby's medical form
Nov 04-underwent medicals
Present-waiting for passport request

According to our friend's consultant, passport request should be expected approximately 2 mos. after medicals, i.e. if you don't hear anything from the Embassy about additional tests after two months, then it is safe to say that you should receive letter for pp request soon.

I got quite a scare when I read that post about processing delays of pre-2002 applicants. So Centauri, with your successful interview and our interview waiver, i guess it is safe to say that we both have positive selection decisions and will thus not be affected by the latest news right?
And, one more question, what happened during your medicals? did you have it here in Manila or in Cebu (if i remember correctly, you are based in Cebu right?)

Hope to hear from you soon.

God bless,
stillw8ng
Old Nov 21st 2004, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforsolong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Centauri, Amina and other Manila applicants

Hi stillw8ng,

I am also from Cebu like Centauri, I want to congratulate you all because you will not be affected anymore by Rasozadeh matters. I felt sad about this new hindrance, but anyway I leave it all to GOD.

waitingforsolong

Originally Posted by stillw8ng
Hi Centauri/Amina,

Remember me? I have just recently checked the forum for messages and I would just like to know at what stages of processing you are all currently in. Centauri, from your previous posts, I would like to congratulate you for having a successful interview last Aug. When did you undergo the medicals? As for me, this is what happened after we received our medical forms last June:

June 04-received interview waiver letter and medical forms but requested for extension of medicals because of new born baby

According to our friend's consultant, passport request should be expected approximately 2 mos. after medicals, i.e. if you don't hear anything from the Embassy about additional tests after two months, then it is safe to say that you should receive letter for pp request soon.

I got quite a scare when I read that post about processing delays of pre-2002 applicants. So Centauri, with your successful interview and our interview waiver, i guess it is safe to say that we both have positive selection decisions and will thus not be affected by the latest news right?
And, one more question, what happened during your medicals? did you have it here in Manila or in Cebu (if i remember correctly, you are based in Cebu right?)

God bless,
stillw8ng
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi stillw8ng,

Nice to hear from you after many months of absence from this forum. Akala namin nandon kana sa Canada. Welcome back!

Congratulations for your newly-born. Thank God for the blessing. Is it a boy or a girl? Ilan na nga ba kayong lahat pupunta sa Canada?

Thanks for the prayers also. I know it helped me a lot during the interview. Btw, I posted my interview experience before in this forum so you can read it if you like. We had our medicals last Oct 5 here in Cebu. The DMP was Dr. Alberto Santos; his clinic is at the back of Cebu Doctors Hospital where we had our x-ray, blood and urine taken. The DMP is so nice because he made sure that the results of our medical were fine before he submitted them to CIC Manila.

As for the Class Suit, I feel relieved when I learned from the experts that our applications won't be affected. Thank GOD! It's really a blessing to have these people (Andrew, Jim & PMM) hanging around in this forum. May their tribes multiply. So far this is the best forum I have gone through and it rocks!

This December 5 will be the second month since our medicals so we are still holding our breath hoping that no more medical test will be required.

Regards to your family!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello stillw8ng,

COngrats sa baby!

As what centauri said, I thought you have already settled in Canada. I assumed that your absence from this forum was caused by being busy on your flight preparation na. Sana nandon ka na talaga para na naman makapagbalita ka sa amin kung ano na ang Canada he..he..he. Anyway OK lang it will surely happen soon, di bah?

We have the same situation with centauri, am just awaiting for PP request too. Medyo excited na sana pero na-spoil konti because of the Class Suit. But with the experts' assurance, I'm OK now.

I know you're still busy right now because of your baby but try your best from time to time to be active in this forum. Thanks for the update.

God bless you too,
amina

Originally Posted by stillw8ng
Hi Centauri/Amina,

God bless,
stillw8ng
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 4:52 am
Just Joined

igop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello mga kababayan,
I'm planning to apply for PR (Canada) by early next year as I don't have all documents needed yet. I'm currently working here in Saudi Arabia and all my docs are in the Philippines. I found out about this site while I was searching for Immigration to Canada. I did a search on Pinoys who are also applying for PR in this forum. I was reading all your posts but it somehow gives me discouragement on your timelines. Some of you has been waiting for almost 4 years and still no decisions yet. I thought it will take only 2 yrs to apply for PR. Anyhow, I wish all of you goodluck.
Next month i'll be taking my IELTS. Hoping to get at least 7 on all 4 modules to maximize my points.
Did you guys go by yourselves or through immigration consultant? Do you have any idea how much it would cost me if I will go through consultant.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Welcome to the Club!

Sad to say this is how the system goes around in CIC Manila. Good thing britishexpats.com is around to give valuable info and always ready to lend a shoulder for us to lean on. Where are you going take your IELTS and much does it cost you?

Here in Pinas, most likely you're going to shell out 60T pesos if you apply thru a consultant. It's worth because they'll do the packaging for you as an
applicant and lesser effort in your part esp. if you're a full time employee who doesn't have much time for extra activities.

Originally Posted by igop
Hello mga kababayan,
I'm planning to apply for PR (Canada) by early next year as I don't have all documents needed yet. I'm currently working here in Saudi Arabia and all my docs are in the Philippines. I found out about this site while I was searching for Immigration to Canada. I did a search on Pinoys who are also applying for PR in this forum. I was reading all your posts but it somehow gives me discouragement on your timelines. Some of you has been waiting for almost 4 years and still no decisions yet. I thought it will take only 2 yrs to apply for PR. Anyhow, I wish all of you goodluck.
Next month i'll be taking my IELTS. Hoping to get at least 7 on all 4 modules to maximize my points.
Did you guys go by yourselves or through immigration consultant? Do you have any idea how much it would cost me if I will go through consultant.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:59 am
Just Joined

igop is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be taking my IELTS next month here Saudi Arabia (British Council). I paid 700 riyals (P10T). Is 60T for Consultant only?Wow! Any Consultant to recomend?
Thanx

Originally Posted by amina
Hi,

Welcome to the Club!

Sad to say this is how the system goes around in CIC Manila. Good thing britishexpats.com is around to give valuable info and always ready to lend a shoulder for us to lean on. Where are you going take your IELTS and much does it cost you?

Here in Pinas, most likely you're going to shell out 60T pesos if you apply thru a consultant. It's worth because they'll do the packaging for you as an
applicant and lesser effort in your part esp. if you're a full time employee who doesn't have much time for extra activities.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

stillw8ng is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Centauri, Amina and other Manila applicants

Hi waitingforsolong,thank you and sorry for the late reply. What's your timeline? Don't lose hope! You could be given a positive selection decision before April 2005.

Centauri and Amina, please check the private messages I sent you. Thanks.

Igop, sorry I cannot suggest a good consultant in Manila. Maybe you can try Mr. Miller and Mr. Humphries in this forum. Good luck with your application! Feel free to post a message anytime you have a question/concern.

Best regards to all of you,
stillw8ng
Originally Posted by waitingforsolong
Hi stillw8ng,

I am also from Cebu like Centauri, I want to congratulate you all because you will not be affected anymore by Rasozadeh matters. I felt sad about this new hindrance, but anyway I leave it all to GOD.

waitingforsolong
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:17 am
atm
Just Joined

atm is an unknown quantity at this point

hello people!

i'm also a kababayan and i'm from pampanga. i'm new on this site and just found out about it yesterday as i was browsing about the rasolzadeh thing. we all have the same situation right now and i hope it really won't affect our applications. just the same, we applied last july 2001, had interview and medicals last october 2004, and waiting for pp request from the embassy at present. you think it's safe to say that we won't be affected anymore? i know i've asked the experts' opinion and i hope it will be a GO for all of us but i still need reassurance especially from you guys who are in the same boat as i am. thanks and hope we'll get to keep posts now and then. good luck to all of us!!!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi atm,

Welcome aboard! I hope you're a machine so that I can withdraw money.
You said that you've been interviewed last Oct. Can you post your interview experience for the benefit of those interview-bound Manila applicants?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by atm
hello people!

i'm also a kababayan and i'm from pampanga. i'm new on this site and just found out about it yesterday as i was browsing about the rasolzadeh thing. we all have the same situation right now and i hope it really won't affect our applications. just the same, we applied last july 2001, had interview and medicals last october 2004, and waiting for pp request from the embassy at present. you think it's safe to say that we won't be affected anymore? i know i've asked the experts' opinion and i hope it will be a GO for all of us but i still need reassurance especially from you guys who are in the same boat as i am. thanks and hope we'll get to keep posts now and then. good luck to all of us!!!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 5:46 am
atm
Just Joined

atm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by centauri
Hi atm,

Welcome aboard! I hope you're a machine so that I can withdraw money.
You said that you've been interviewed last Oct. Can you post your interview experience for the benefit of those interview-bound Manila applicants?
Thanks.
actually, ours is a family application so my husband and i went to the interview. the visa officer gave a short test at first just like the ielts exam. maybe for the purpose of checking (once again) the applicant's english proficiency. it's not expected as the ielts so you really are pressured and pressed for time because they just give you around 15 minutes to answer. anyway, after they checked the papers, they called us again for the interview proper. he just asked for information about our work, why we want to immigrate and all that stuff. after that he gave our medical papers and that's it. hope it helps.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

The whole interview procedure is just similar to the skilled worker category. A written exam is also given prior to the interview proper. Can you give some details about your exams?

Originally Posted by atm
actually, ours is a family application so my husband and i went to the interview. the visa officer gave a short test at first just like the ielts exam. maybe for the purpose of checking (once again) the applicant's english proficiency. it's not expected as the ielts so you really are pressured and pressed for time because they just give you around 15 minutes to answer. anyway, after they checked the papers, they called us again for the interview proper. he just asked for information about our work, why we want to immigrate and all that stuff. after that he gave our medical papers and that's it. hope it helps.