Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is any body re-checked IELTS scroe

Is any body re-checked IELTS scroe

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

vemulas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is any body re-checked IELTS scroe

Hi,
I am planning to re-checking my IELTS score by senior officer. Any body re-checked IELTS score.

Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:20 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is any body re-checked IELTS scroe

What you mean????

IELTS score is as it is and nobody can dispute or "re-check" it, period.

Originally Posted by vemulas
Hi,
I am planning to re-checking my IELTS score by senior officer. Any body re-checked IELTS score.

Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Andrew Miller,
I took IELTS recently. But i am not satisfied by my results. Test center Administrator told me i can re-checked my results by senior officer by paying $110.00 .

Thank u

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
What you mean????

IELTS score is as it is and nobody can dispute or "re-check" it, period.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:18 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It will be checking for errors, not re-examining you. You took test twice with the same result each time - I don't see any chance for change. Taking the test third time may be a better idea, but if you get the same result then it means your skills are not good as you hope them to be and/or you are not preparing well between tests.

Hi Andrew Miller,
I took IELTS recently. But i am not satisfied by my results. Test center Administrator told me i can re-checked my results by senior officer by paying $110.00 .

Thank u
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

abrau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vemulas,

What's the use of having your IELTS re-checked? I mean what is it for?

Hi Andrew Miller,

Thank u
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

kenny04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abrau
Hi Vemulas,

What's the use of having your IELTS re-checked? I mean what is it for?
Recently my friend appeared in IELTS. He scored 6.5 in written section and over 7 in the other three sections. So he decided to re-check his score. Guess what his score in the written section was increased from 6.5 to 7.

I personally feel that the written section is the only section where you can maybe increase your score slightly.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

sometimes my friend. I asked them to re-check my written score since the other ones were ok, and they told me that someone else re-checked it and scored the same. I didn't pay anything though. So i am not sure if that would help...

Originally Posted by kenny04
Recently my friend appeared in IELTS. He scored 6.5 in written section and over 7 in the other three sections. So he decided to re-check his score. Guess what his score in the written section was increased from 6.5 to 7.

I personally feel that the written section is the only section where you can maybe increase your score slightly.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Kenny

Originally Posted by kenny04

Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

riten is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
Is the score obtained at second attempt of ietls is acceptabe by Canada embassy?
getting good band in ielts on second attempt,makes a bad impression on visa officer about ur language knowledge.?

thanks in advance 4 answres
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Riten,
I got all most same score on first and second time. I am scoring 10 only points in english. I need 16 points in english to qualify for immigration. Do u have any suggestions i will appreciate for your help.

Originally Posted by riten
hi
Is the score obtained at second attempt of ietls is acceptabe by Canada embassy?
getting good band in ielts on second attempt,makes a bad impression on visa officer about ur language knowledge.?

thanks in advance 4 answres
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

riten is an unknown quantity at this point

work hard and improve ur score on next attempt after 3 months if u have that much time remaning.
best of luck
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Canadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It will be checking for errors, not re-examining you. You took test twice with the same result each time - I don't see any chance for change. Taking the test third time may be a better idea, but if you get the same result then it means your skills are not good as you hope them to be and/or you are not preparing well between tests.
unlike TOEFL/TSE, IELTS is graded locally and results are given within
1 week. However if one is unhappy with the scores one can appeal.
Appeal costs 160 Aust$/60Uk pounds and it graded by a senior examiner in Aust/Uk. If there is an increase they return back the regrading fee.

I did my revaluation for IELTS...got it back after 2.5 months(yes it takes time
for the revaluation process as it is done outside the country)
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Canadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=kenny04]Recently my friend appeared in IELTS. He scored 6.5 in written section and over 7 in the other three sections. So he decided to re-

probably it wa some other section or 6. written section scores are given as
whole bands.

Only listening and reading are given in full or half bands.
(...6,6.5,7...)
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thanks

The listening and reading have already been graded by 2 examiners before they first sent you the score.

However the listening and writing is more subjective. There you have chances for higher grade.

However here is what IDP people told me
4 in about 100 ask for revaluation and among those 4, 1 gets an increase.

It can mostly happen in writing or speaking which is more subjective.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thanks
you need to act fast though. you can file for appeal only within 6 weeks of receiving the score.
but you will have to surrend the old score card and you will get one after the
appeal process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.