Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is any body re-checked IELTS scroe

Is any body re-checked IELTS scroe

Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Canadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is any body re-checked IELTS scroe

Originally Posted by MadHatters
sometimes my friend. I asked them to re-check my written score since the other ones were ok, and they told me that someone else re-checked it and scored the same. I didn't pay anything though. So i am not sure if that would help...
well that was not regraded from aust/uk. That one requires money.

what you are referring to, is that the reading and listening is graded by 2
people locally and therefore "rechecked"
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Canadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MadHatters
sometimes my friend. I asked them to re-check my written score since the other ones were ok, and they told me that someone else re-checked it and scored the same. I didn't pay anything though. So i am not sure if that would help...
here is the form

http://www.britishcouncil.org/revised_eor_form.doc
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

nwebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Vemulas,
I had RE evaluation done on my IELTS. I got less than 6.5 ( i had 1 Nine and 2 eights in others) in speaking which i wasn't happy about so called the test center and asked them for reeva;uation.. He asked me what was the reason I was asking for reevaluation. I told him I needed a 7 for Canadian evaluation and guess what in 2 weeks I had a new score sheet. This time i got a 7 in speaking but one of the 8s was reduced to a 7 (Overall band remained same). Which I didn't mind. By the way my test center was Miami.
This happened last April
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

vemulas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is any body re-checked IELTS scroe

Thanks Canada Project
Originally Posted by Canadaproject
you need to act fast though. you can file for appeal only within 6 weeks of receiving the score.
but you will have to surrend the old score card and you will get one after the
appeal process.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vemulas
Hi Riten,
I got all most same score on first and second time. I am scoring 10 only points in english. I need 16 points in english to qualify for immigration. Do u have any suggestions i will appreciate for your help.
what break of IELTS score up did you get for 10 points.
but 10 to 16 jump i have doubts. its not that easy.
i know people who have got 7 in each section, but not that easy.
In reading getting band of 7 is tight. people with good skills end up with 6.5
and some do get 7.reading on the whole is vague.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

abrau is an unknown quantity at this point

With this "re-checking thing", I'm starting to doubt the credibility of the IELTS exam evaluators or checkers. The situation only implies one thing- that the results are not final and subject to change. Why is this so?

I will be taking my IELTS exam next week. And if I don't pass with flying colors, I request for a re-checking. But for a fee? Duh! Can't they perform multi-stage type of checking just like proof-reading before giving the final score?

Originally Posted by nwebie
Vemulas,
I had RE evaluation done on my IELTS. I got less than 6.5 ( i had 1 Nine and 2 eights in others) in speaking which i wasn't happy about so called the test center and asked them for reeva;uation.. He asked me what was the reason I was asking for reevaluation. I told him I needed a 7 for Canadian evaluation and guess what in 2 weeks I had a new score sheet. This time i got a 7 in speaking but one of the 8s was reduced to a 7 (Overall band remained same). Which I didn't mind. By the way my test center was Miami.
This happened last April