Which route could be possible!!!

Old Sep 1st 2015, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which route could be possible!!!

I have posted before regarding this subject, however with all the changes i wondered which route could be possible. I am a registered nurse with 4 years experience, i previously applied to the CLPNA to work as an LPN which was conditionally granted pending exam. I have been looking at ways to emigrate but things don't look great to me. Checked for eligibility for Saskatchewan and needed to score over 60, my score was 55 because i have a diploma in nursing which although i studied for 3 years only scores 15 whereas a degree scores 20 but is also 3 years studying in the assessment. Any advice? please no criticism. lol.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 7:50 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which route could be possible!!!

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
I have posted before regarding this subject, however with all the changes i wondered which route could be possible. I am a registered nurse with 4 years experience, i previously applied to the CLPNA to work as an LPN which was conditionally granted pending exam. I have been looking at ways to emigrate but things don't look great to me. Checked for eligibility for Saskatchewan and needed to score over 60, my score was 55 because i have a diploma in nursing which although i studied for 3 years only scores 15 whereas a degree scores 20 but is also 3 years studying in the assessment. Any advice? please no criticism. lol.
So a couple of weeks ago I suggested that you try applying or contacting nursing employers in maybe the hard to staff areas of Alberta that might be prepared to sponsor the LMIA for you to get a TWP- have you tried that?
Old Sep 1st 2015, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

when i looked at the job description its asking for registration with CLPNA but i have emailed some employers but no response.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 7:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What else have you looked at other than the PNP? Have you looked at FSW/EE? Is that an option or do you not score enough?

Do you have a spouse, if so what does s/he do? Any family in Canada?
Old Sep 1st 2015, 7:56 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

when i looked at the job description its asking for registration with CLPNA but i have emailed some employers but no response.
Maybe someone might get back to you... I always think speaking person to person is better. You might be better to explain your situation?
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Do not score enough for EE, yes have a spouse he is a long haul truck driver, no family in Canada.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Do not score enough for EE, yes have a spouse he is a long haul truck driver, no family in Canada.
Ah, ok. So it sounds as though one of you needs a job offer, unless either of you fancy doing a degree/masters in Canada and going on a study permit?

If you decide that's not for you, then a job offer would be your only option, follow the advice in the Job Hunting section of the Wiki and get out there to job hunt in person (emails very rarely work), good luck.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:12 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Out of interest why did you check nomination for Sask when your registration is with Alberta?
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

I knew its difficult to get into Alberta and had sent application to SALPN, thought it may be easier in Sask.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Only problem Christmasoompa with job hunting in person is that Im in the UK, lol. Just feel that our best opportunity to go was taken away from us last year.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:25 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Only problem Christmasoompa with job hunting in person is that Im in the UK, lol. Just feel that our best opportunity to go was taken away from us last year.
Can you fly over to sit the exam and job hunt at the same time?
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Only problem Christmasoompa with job hunting in person is that Im in the UK, lol.
I realise that, as is pretty much everybody else on the forum, but they've managed it! If you've read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki you'll know that emails are very, very unlikely to result in a job offer, as it's just not the way Canadians do things. You need to get out there and make personal contact to be in with a shot.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, appreciate your advice.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you, appreciate your advice.
No probs. I'm afraid I can't see any other option for you from what you've said, so a job offer will be the only way to get a visa.

Start with the Wiki, and follow the advice in there, you can try picking up the phone and see if you get lucky, but if not then plan a trip out for a couple of weeks and hopefully one of you will come back with that all important job offer.

Best of luck.