Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSWP 14 - Updated ECAS Status. Can anyone let me know what this means ?

FSWP 14 - Updated ECAS Status. Can anyone let me know what this means ?

Old Sep 1st 2015, 10:52 am
Just Joined

CraigColligan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSWP 14 - Updated ECAS Status. Can anyone let me know what this means ?

Hi all,

Our application is from the UK and our ECAS has just changed with the addition of the second line in the last week (not sure of exact date as on holiday in BC !!):

1/ We received your application for permanent residence on October 31, 2014.
2/ We started processing your application on January 16, 2015.

PER email with UCI and case /application number received on 30th Jan and also included receipt of payment from 5th Jan.

I am really puzzled / unsure what to make of the long gap between 16/01 and now. Also, is this "processing" for the PER and there has been no further progress or has the file now been sent to London ? I had been about to email the VO to ask about status and to in form them of a change of employer for my wife (main applicant). Or am i just overthinking the whole thing !!

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig C
Old Sep 1st 2015, 11:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSWP 14 - Updated ECAS Status. Can anyone let me know what this means ?

Honestly? You're over thinking it!

Ecas is often incorrect, so don't rely on what it says, but there no need to be puzzled by the 'long gap' between Jan and now as that's really not long (processing isn't quick - Processing times for federal skilled worker applications). If you've had a PER then your file is now in London, seems like they've started processing very quickly which is good.

Best of luck.