Wikiposts

Ridiculously long process!!!

Old May 17th 2005, 6:29 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Ridiculously long process!!!

hello people,

I think it's just ridiculous that the New Delhi office is taking 3-4 years to process PR application. I feel sad especially for the people who apply and then wait for 3 years and then get to know that they have been refused because the visa oficers don't think that they will be able to settle succesfully in Canada
In my opinion putting people in limbo for 4 years is just not fair. I think some major changes to this system are long overdue.
hats off to all you guys who are sticking it out and good luck with your applications.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:58 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ridiculously long process!!!

It is nothing to do with "system" and all to do with huge number of applicants from India who want to come to Canada.

Canada has annual immigration quotas approved each year by our Parliament - those quotas are distributed for each country proportionally to population. Thus India as the second largest population has second largest (after China) annual quota and resources in Canadian consulates and CHC in New Delhi as well as staff are sufficient enough to not only meet but also exceed every year our annual immigration quotas. Indian nationals represent ~22% of all immigrants coming to Canada each year.

But if number of applicants in India is 4 to 6 times larger than annual quota then expect long processing times. Don't blame Canada, blame others who want to move out of India at the same time you want.

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
hello people,

I think it's just ridiculous that the New Delhi office is taking 3-4 years to process PR application. I feel sad especially for the people who apply and then wait for 3 years and then get to know that they have been refused because the visa oficers don't think that they will be able to settle succesfully in Canada
In my opinion putting people in limbo for 4 years is just not fair. I think some major changes to this system are long overdue.
hats off to all you guys who are sticking it out and good luck with your applications.
Old May 17th 2005, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

hankim2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew

How about Singapore. It is a very tiny country and with not too many wanting to move out to Canada. But probably because Singapore CHC also processes applications from many other countries eg Bangladesh and Indonesia, the processing time for those residing in Singapore becomes nightmarish (we are talking of about 3 year now?). Few years back, we have friends who got it in 3 months. It seems that the system is breaking down in Singapore.
Old May 17th 2005, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is nothing to do with "system" and all to do with huge number of applicants from India who want to come to Canada.

Canada has annual immigration quotas approved each year by our Parliament - those quotas are distributed for each country proportionally to population. Thus India as the second largest population has second largest (after China) annual quota and resources in Canadian consulates and CHC in New Delhi as well as staff are sufficient enough to not only meet but also exceed every year our annual immigration quotas. Indian nationals represent ~22% of all immigrants coming to Canada each year.

But if number of applicants in India is 4 to 6 times larger than annual quota then expect long processing times. Don't blame Canada, blame others who want to move out of India at the same time you want.
Are those quotas on a country-by-country basis or by office ?
Old May 18th 2005, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

Ridiculous as might seem, but the waiting has increased the world over.
So it's not just N.Delhi, but from Damascus to Moscow to H.Kong.
So the quota system theory holds true,I quess the number of applicants have gone up.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:17 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Hello Andrew
If you blame it on Indians and Chinese nationals who want to move out of their respective countries, how come the processing times for Australia for the PR process are just about 1year per application(average).

India has lots of highly skilled and educated people who wish to Immigrate to western nations. There are lot's of them who apply for migration to Australia, Uk HSMP and Canada as well. But it's only Canada that takes *significantly longer* than both the above mentioned countries to process applications. Oz and Uk have a better managed system in my opinion because it does'nt matter whether you are from India, China, EU or Africa every applicants case is processed within the same time frame.

Think about this from the point of view of a hopeful applicant.
For example,a person froman eu country or USA pays $550 and his application gets processed in 1-2 years. However an applicant from an China or India pays the same amount and has to wait almost 4 years.
You say that 22% of all applicants are from India. that also means that a significantly huge amount of fees are also being collected from there but the applicants are made to wait longer. High number of applicants = high amount of application fees collected. Could'nt they utilise some of that to provide better service. They don't even have a system where you can speak to someone over the phone in New Delhi.

Many Indians are highly qualified and speak competent English. Indian colleges perhaps produce the highest number of Graduates every year and as a result a lot of Indians find themselves eligible for migration schemes.
What is one applicant's fault if thousands of other people from the same country also want to migrate to the same country? CIC should take this fact into account and try to provide equal service to all applicants around the world, after all they charge the same amount of fees to everyone don't they?

Your point of large number of applicants from India, therefore does not justify the long waiting times. If there are too many applications from India that exceed their quota then why does'nt the CHC stop accepting applications when the quota runs out.That's what the USBCIS does with the H1 B visas.
Maybe they cannot say no to the huge amount of fees that all these applications will generate right, Andrew?

let me give you another example:
Indians are also the 3rd or 4th largest group applying to migrate to Australia. But the DIMIA does not make them wait longer compared to other nationalities. If they can process everybody's case equally why can't the CIC?

In my opinion Andrew "it is the system"!!! I am sure every applicant would appreciate if this system would change for the better, so that people don't have to wait almost half a decade to just move somewhere else and families would be reunited much faster.

By the way, I am not a prospective migrant to Canada anymore. I would'nt wait 4 long years even if it was a visa to paradise!

Cheers
GOBLIN

Last edited by GOBLIN; May 18th 2005 at 1:52 am. Reason: inclusion
Old May 18th 2005, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Ridiculously long process!!!

Hello Andrew
If you blame it on Indians and Chinese nationals who want to move out of India, how come the processing times for Australia for the PR process are just about 1year per application(average).

India has lots of highly skilled and educated people who wish to Immigrate to western nations. There are lot's of them who apply for migration to Australia, Uk HSMP and Canada as well. But it's only Canada that takes *significantly longer* than both the above mentioned countries to process applications. Oz and Uk have a better managed system in my opinion because it does'nt matter whether you are from India, China, EU or Africa every applicants case is processed within the same time frame.

For example,a person froman eu country or USA pays $550 and his application gets processed in 1-2 years. However an applicant from an China or India pays the same amount and has to wait almost 4 years.
You say that 22% of all applicants are from India. that also means that a significantly huge amount of fees are also being collected from there but the applicants are made to wait longer. High number of applicants = high amount of application fees collected. Could'nt they utilise some of that to provide better service. They don't even have a system where you can speak to someone over the phone in New Delhi.

Many Indians are highly qualified and speak competent English. Indian colleges perhaps produce the highest number of Graduates every year and as a result a lot of Indians find themselves eligible for migration schemes.
What is one applicant's fault if thousands of other people from the same country also want to migrate to the same country? CIC should take this fact into account and try to provide equal service to all applicants around the world, after all they charge the same amount of fees to everyone don't they?

Your point of large number of applicants from India, therefore does not justify the long waiting times.

Indians are also the 3rd or 4th largest group applying to migrate to Australia. But the DIMIA does not make them wait longer compared to other nationalities. If they can process everybody's case equally why can't the CIC?

In my opinion Andrew "it is the system"!!! I am sure every applicant would appreciate if this system would change for the better, so that people don't have to wait almost half a decade to just move somewhere else and families would be reunited much faster.

By the way, I am not a prospective migrant to Canada anymore. The wait is just too long!
GOBLIN
Quite true, I think Mr Andrew should be more compassionate to the sentiments of prospective immigrants, such remarks have adverse impact as is clear fom another thread that one of the applicant wants the refund for the application. Mr Andrew you loose a lot this way, you are supposed to address to the difficulties of the immigrants that they face, and not demoralise them.
Canada has opened doors for the type of skills it needs that's why everyone is applying, if such an atitude is there than Canada looses more.
I hope it's nothing to do with regionalism in your remarks, Mr Andrews?
Old May 18th 2005, 5:56 am
Just Joined

n_chica is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi GOBLIN,

I partly disagree with what you've said.

I think it is fair to break down the quota based on countries/continents. US BCIS does do that for their Green Card lottery program but not on H1Bs. This practice will give more chance to people from countries with lower application volume. If you are from such country, you will understand what I mean. It always seems that your application can never get through.

I'm not trying to be a 'regionalist' (or however u want to put it), but look at the consequences of not breaking down the H1B quota based on countries/continents. Lately, the already lowered H1B quota runs out very fast because of allowing too many applicants from Indian Consulting firms. It's very unfair and frustrating to people from other countries who need to do things the long way and still does not stand a chance.

Another plus side for country based quota is to maintain diversity, having immigrants from all kind of countries. This is the ideal environment the Canadian govt is trying to achieve.

It is human's nature to complain when things aren't going their way. So, think from somebody else's perspective before you do.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:47 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Hello Andrew
If you blame it on Indians and Chinese nationals who want to move out of their respective countries, how come the processing times for Australia for the PR process are just about 1year per application(average).
This may probably come out the wrong way, but the commonly held belief is that many qualifications from India have been found to be forgeries, hence the CHC will probe the validity of such qualifications very closely...which takes time.

Whether the facts support the belief is immaterial....the CHC will do their utmost to make sure that they only accept the people they want, wherever the source.
Old May 18th 2005, 7:58 am

Remember also that all visa post still have a backlog of old cases, sitting there since before rule of submitting application to proper visa post was implemented. And Singapore due to it's rather fast processing was one of visa posts flooded by applicants from India.

Originally Posted by hankim2
Andrew

How about Singapore. It is a very tiny country and with not too many wanting to move out to Canada. But probably because Singapore CHC also processes applications from many other countries eg Bangladesh and Indonesia, the processing time for those residing in Singapore becomes nightmarish (we are talking of about 3 year now?). Few years back, we have friends who got it in 3 months. It seems that the system is breaking down in Singapore.
Old May 18th 2005, 7:59 am

Annual targets (quotas) are per country and as a result staff and resources are allocated accordingly to each country, regardless how many offices processing immigration application are in particular country.

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Are those quotas on a country-by-country basis or by office ?
Old May 18th 2005, 8:02 am

It is not a theory, it is the law. Browse through CIC website and look for "annual immigration targets".

And yes, thanks to lowered to 67 points pass mark number of applications in almost every visa post is larger than annual quota. In some visa posts several times larger.

Originally Posted by samon
Ridiculous as might seem, but the waiting has increased the world over.
So it's not just N.Delhi, but from Damascus to Moscow to H.Kong.
So the quota system theory holds true,I quess the number of applicants have gone up.
Old May 18th 2005, 8:25 am

I don't blame anyone, I just state facts as they are. Why Canada should disproportionally assign larger quota to India or China at the expense of other nationals? Just because more Indians or Chinese want to move here? It just doesn't and won't work that way. Annual targets are established each year proportionally to population of each country, not to the number of those who want to immigrate here. It is the only fair way. Some in Canada claim that such fair allocation of quotas leads to disproportional number of Indian and Chinese immigrants compared for example to Africans, South Americans or Europeans. Just imagine the problem if Canada gives disproportionally larger allocation to India or China.

Service provided by CIC is absolutely equal for all nationals. Annual targets are allocated fairly - proportionally to population of each country. Now you want Canada to treat others less equally just because more Indians and Chinese want to immigrate here. It will be unfair to other nationals.

The problem is also larger due to lowered 2 years ago pass mark - now more candidates qualify than it was under the old law that was blamed for huge backlogs. So yes, I would agree that CIC is also to blame for long processing times as they are the ones who lowered pass mark.

When pass mark was at 75 points level and number of applications dropped (but never below annual quotas) it were certain ethnic lobbyists in Canada who were pushing government to lower pass mark. Blame them too. And of course government wanted to receive the same cash flow of application fees they were used to - and I have stated it already many times here back in the Fall of 2003 when pass mark went down.

I always stated that pass mark of 75 was a good one for as long as number of application was sufficient to meet annual targets. But lobbyists wanted it down - some of those lobbying back then were immigration practitioners making millions from Indian and Chinese clients and 75 points pass mark was making their market smaller. Blame them too.

Nobody argues with qualifications of Indians and Chinese, this has nothing to do with annual quotas.

US H1 visas are not permanent residency visas and you can't compare apples to oranges. But Americans also have annual quotas for Green Cards (not as fairly allocated as Canadian ones) and some must wait 5 - 7 years for their GC.

Hello Andrew

Your point of large number of applicants from India, therefore does not justify the long waiting times. If there are too many applications from India that exceed their quota then why does'nt the CHC stop accepting applications when the quota runs out.That's what the USBCIS does with the H1 B visas.
Maybe they cannot say no to the huge amount of fees that all these applications will generate right, Andrew?

By the way, I am not a prospective migrant to Canada anymore. I would'nt wait 4 long years even if it was a visa to paradise!

Cheers
GOBLIN
Old May 18th 2005, 8:34 am

Compassion has nothing to do with problem. Why some participants are taking my comments stating facts as they are as lack of sensitivity????

You want me to lie to you and tell you that yes, you deserve better and you will get it if you hire my services, just like some unethical practitioners who make millions in India and China promising things they can't deliver? I won't lie and I won't tell you anything but the truth.

Truth sometimes hurts, but it is as it is. And accusing me of being "insensitive" is simply wrong. And it hurts.

I'm not here to address sentiments or to fight with the system, good or bad. I'm here to provide honestly the best advice and information I can. If you don't like the truth then it is your problem, not mine.

"regionalizm"??? What that means? What are you accusing me off????

Originally Posted by samon
Quite true, I think Mr Andrew should be more compassionate to the sentiments of prospective immigrants, such remarks have adverse impact as is clear fom another thread that one of the applicant wants the refund for the application. Mr Andrew you loose a lot this way, you are supposed to address to the difficulties of the immigrants that they face, and not demoralise them.
Canada has opened doors for the type of skills it needs that's why everyone is applying, if such an atitude is there than Canada looses more.
I hope it's nothing to do with regionalism in your remarks, Mr Andrews?
Old May 18th 2005, 10:11 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Compassion has nothing to do with problem. Why some participants are taking my comments stating facts as they are as lack of sensitivity????

You want me to lie to you and tell you that yes, you deserve better and you will get it if you hire my services, just like some unethical practitioners who make millions in India and China promising things they can't deliver? I won't lie and I won't tell you anything but the truth.

Truth sometimes hurts, but it is as it is. And accusing me of being "insensitive" is simply wrong. And it hurts.

I'm not here to address sentiments or to fight with the system, good or bad. I'm here to provide honestly the best advice and information I can. If you don't like the truth then it is your problem, not mine.

"regionalizm"??? What that means? What are you accusing me off????
Here Here Andrew

You tell them how it is

I have been on this forum a long time as I see it and I have always found comments / advice from Andrew to be honest, accurate, and legitimate and always straight to the point
If you do not like what this man says, stop asking questions !!!!!!!!

And yes the truth does hurt to few

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.