Renew PR card during COVID?

Old Aug 18th 2020, 9:01 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renew PR card during COVID?

Hi Guys, Back in canuck land for September primarily to get my PR card renewed/meet residency reqs before I finally get my pesky citizenship test.

Anyone applied for PR Card renewal during covid? What was waiting time? Website is saying 160 Days?! I thought this was usually like a month?
Thanks!
BCN
Old Aug 18th 2020, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

unobscure is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renew PR card during COVID?

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
Website is saying 160 Days?! I thought this was usually like a month?
Thanks!
BCN
I think most things were quicker pre-covid.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 10:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys, Back in canuck land for September primarily to get my PR card renewed/meet residency reqs before I finally get my pesky citizenship test.

Anyone applied for PR Card renewal during covid? What was waiting time? Website is saying 160 Days?! I thought this was usually like a month?
Thanks!
BCN
To the best of my knowledge it has rarely been that fast, 1st issue after landing has always been the quickest - around 6 weeks to 2 months. Renewals usually took longer.

Once you have returned to Canada you could apply for urgent processing if you need to leave again. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ce/urgent.html

If the requirements are still in place in September, don't forget you may need to self isolate for 14 days upon arrival - and will need a plan of action to present to Immigration when you arrive. https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...th-advice.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 19th 2020 at 12:02 am.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You're right: it was really quick (just a matter of weeks) but that was pre COVID-19.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 9:48 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to remain in canada until you receive a renewal PR card ? I mean can you apply while in canada then leave ? Get it sent to a spouse /friend then they can mail it to you ?
Old Aug 19th 2020, 10:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to remain in canada until you receive a renewal PR card ? I mean can you apply while in canada then leave ? Get it sent to a spouse /friend then they can mail it to you ?
It would depend - theoretically yes, but if they call you in to collect it - or if you need to prove the 'time' within Canada to continue with your Citizenship application / Permanent Residency requirements then it wouldn't be a great idea.. better to apply for urgent processing if you intend to leave the country before you are likely to receive it..
Old Aug 19th 2020, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

From the IRCC website

If we approve your application, we’ll mail you a PR card. We can’t mail your card to a third-party or non-Canadian address. In some cases, we may ask you to pick it up at one of our offices. If we do, bring your passport, or other travel document, and the original documents you sent when you applied. If you don’t pick your card up within 180 days, we will destroy it and you will have to apply for a new one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...you-apply.html