Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport copies and applying for a PR card

Passport copies and applying for a PR card

Old Aug 20th 2020, 11:15 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport copies and applying for a PR card

Sorry if this is just me being thick or overthinking things but I'm trying to get the documents together to apply for my first PR card after soft landing 2 years ago.

On the application requirements list, it includes the following:

a clear copy of:
  • your valid passport or travel document, or
  • the passport or travel document you held at the time you became a permanent resident
I changed passports about 5 months after landing and my I- stamp is in the old and now invalidated one. Am I incorrect in thinking that all I need to provide is a photocopy of the photo page from my current passport? Or do I need to include copies of every page from it like I did for my old passport when I applied through Express Entry?

When I applied for a PRTD earlier this year, the VAC just took a copy of the photo page from my current one plus a copy of the photo page from the old one and a copy of the page with the I- stamp on it but I think that's just because I went in there prepared and I had them on me at the time.

The rest of the application guidelines look pretty much straightforward so far as I can tell. That's the only part I'm unclear on so far.