Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Removing conditions for work permits

Removing conditions for work permits

Old Apr 24th 2015, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

UK28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removing conditions for work permits

Hi

Originally I came here on a IEC with my husband one of the conditions on the visa is that you can't work in child care. Then my husband got sponsored on a LMO and we are now in the process of getting our PR. When we got the LMO last year and we got the visa it does not have a condition on child care, just other things like not doing academic courses.

So now I'm a bit confused as I didn't think that I could work in child care and was in the middle of doing applications to lift those conditions, but now I have noticed on my latest visa that it doesn't have those conditions.

Please help.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removing conditions for work permits

Originally Posted by UK28
Hi

Originally I came here on a IEC with my husband one of the conditions on the visa is that you can't work in child care. Then my husband got sponsored on a LMO and we are now in the process of getting our PR. When we got the LMO last year and we got the visa it does not have a condition on child care, just other things like not doing academic courses.

So now I'm a bit confused as I didn't think that I could work in child care and was in the middle of doing applications to lift those conditions, but now I have noticed on my latest visa that it doesn't have those conditions.

Please help.
Normally when a work permit is issued and the person has not had a medical the following restrictions are usually printed on the work permit
For persons from non-designated countries, the following remark should appear on the work permit:
“Not authorized to work in 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations.

Providing the CBSA or CIC office tick this box these conditions are printed on the work permit. If the person has had a medical by a panel physician then these conditions can be removed. Without actually seeing the work permit I can't comment any further.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

LondonUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not had a medical yet but will be eventually for the PR applications. Nowhere on my current permit does it say not authorized to work with childcare or anything in relation to that.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 8:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK28
Hi

Please help.
Originally Posted by LondonUK
I have not had a medical yet but will be eventually for the PR applications. Nowhere on my current permit does it say not authorized to work with childcare or anything in relation to that.
Please re-read the Site Rules, you cannot have multiple usernames. Please message me or any mod with the one you wish to keep, and we'll merge the two in to that account.

Thx.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

UK28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please re-read the Site Rules, you cannot have multiple usernames. Please message me or any mod with the one you wish to keep, and we'll merge the two in to that account.

Thx.
Hi I'll keep UK28 Thanks