Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Rejection letter, insufficient points

Rejection letter, insufficient points

Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rejection letter, insufficient points

Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Someone on another forum had a similar issue recently. They wrote and questioned the number of points they were awarded for education, explaining why they expected more and got a letter back saying an error had been made and they now have enough points.

Perhaps you had the same IO.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

maybe, although our application appears to be 2 points adrift. This was a mistake on our application, and we are actually only 1 point away.

I do think they have some license to accommodate shortfalls given what the applicant can bring to Canada, however I don't get the feeling this happened in our case as....maybe 2 points out is just too much of a discrepancy.

Lets just hope the program manager has a better view on things....but neither of us are pinning any hope on a successful outcome as we both know it's gonna end in tears.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Firstly sorry to the OP but I wouldnt give up. My education is a concern for myself I am not sure how my diplomas will be assessed. They are level 3 management, one I had to spend 2 yrs in work experience before I could sit a short course and then a number of exams. The I had to address as I have been qualified within the Army but not recognized out side of the Army, I had the military equivalent for 10yrs and have only last month sat the civilian exam.
Further to this I had to renew my Literacy and numeracy to level 2 as I had no evidence from my high school and due to my location being somewhat remote it was easier for me to resit the tests than to chase up the Scottish Education Services.
So after a long winded blether my points all depend on them accepting my level 3 diplomas and a job offer or I have NAE CHANCE! (a bit like Scotland's chances of qualifying for the World Cup)
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dinger24
Further to this I had to renew my Literacy and numeracy to level 2 as I had no evidence from my high school and due to my location being somewhat remote it was easier for me to resit the tests than to chase up the Scottish Education Services.
I don't think that is necessary. For native English speakers, a written submission, by you, detailing that your education, training etc. was all in English should suffice.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bodgerx
I don't think that is necessary. For native English speakers, a written submission, by you, detailing that your education, training etc. was all in English should suffice.
Yes I agree whole heartedly but I required them as evidence that I had the equivalent of GCSE English and Maths for a course and I had no records from my school days (chalk board certificates in those days!)
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

I am also very sorry to read about what has happened. My brother (who lives in Mexico) applied and also got the same rejection as you. He accepted that his points were insufficient as it stood (one point short is still one point short!). However, he replied saying that he had made a mistake in his application and he does have enough points because his level of French is 'basic' rather than 'none'.

His level of French was poor (GCSE French 18 years ago) but over the following five months he worked 4-5 hours a night learning the language and took tuition lessons. Last month he had an interview and was assessed as 'intermediate'. So, as a last resort learning French is a possible, albeit tough option you have.

Alan
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Alan. We are just about over the shock now after getting back from a weeks camping in Wales, which the kids loved :-)

Learning French isn't an option for me at least and I dont think my partners language skills count.

We are not going to give up without a fight, thats for sure.

In the meantime we are secretly keeping our fingers crossed for some common sense with our appeal.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spaceace
Thanks Alan. We are just about over the shock now after getting back from a weeks camping in Wales, which the kids loved :-)

Learning French isn't an option for me at least and I dont think my partners language skills count.

We are not going to give up without a fight, thats for sure.

In the meantime we are secretly keeping our fingers crossed for some common sense with our appeal.
Really wish you all the best with your appeal, go get em!!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi buddy
Just keep your chin up and push push till you get a result.
All the best
regards
Joinerboy
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

We are both fairly up-beat about it...really

Now it's time for me to halt my VMWare certification track and to start learning a language I'd probably never use
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

We are both fairly up-beat about it...really

Now it's time for me to halt my VMWare certification track and to start learning a language I'd probably never use
I would encourage you to learn basic French and try to do so via one of the TEF exam centres as the tuition will be aimed at doing well in the TEF exams. I took my TEF exams a few weeks back. I had last studied French at school many many years back (!!) so I spent two months cramming and studying the TEF books/mock tests. I was stunned as I received six points even though I had assumed only two. It can be done so do not be put off by those who say it is too difficult. At least it is a way forward within your control.

Go for it!

Martin
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Martin. I will be starting from scratch, so I've contacted a local traning center with my requirements....just waiting for a response.

Do you have any links to TEF exam centers/mocks/books that would be of help ?

TIA .S.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Thanks Martin. I will be starting from scratch, so I've contacted a local traning center with my requirements....just waiting for a response.

Do you have any links to TEF exam centers/mocks/books that would be of help ?

TIA .S.

No problem. Here is the link to the relevant page on Amazon where I ordered mine from. Go for both the blue and yellow books:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?...d-keywords=TEF

I took my exams here (they also teach French but I did my own studying):

http://www.alliancefrancaise.org.uk/TEF.html

Good luck!

Martin
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Much apreciated, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.