Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Rejection letter, insufficient points

Wikiposts

Rejection letter, insufficient points

Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Michael-B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rejection letter, insufficient points

I'm due to send my app off to Sydney in the next week and am now questioning how I've completed the form based on the fiasco detailed in this thread. My education is as follows:

- Primary School - aged 5-11

- Secondary School - 11-16

- College (BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science) - 16-18

- University (BSc) - 18-21

I've completed and printed off the application as follows:

Primary School: 6 years
Secondary: 5 years
University/College: 3 years
Trade or other post secondary school: 2 years

Would you advise that I remove the 2 years of 'Trade/Other' and add them to the 'Secondary School' box? If so, would this cause confusion if the BTEC (studied at Chesterfield College) is separated out in the list of educational institutions I've attended?

Thanks,

Michael
Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

Great spirit. What a great attitude you have. Learning the language might even be some fun

Alanb
Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michael-B
I'm due to send my app off to Sydney in the next week and am now questioning how I've completed the form based on the fiasco detailed in this thread. My education is as follows:

- Primary School - aged 5-11

- Secondary School - 11-16

- College (BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science) - 16-18

- University (BSc) - 18-21

I've completed and printed off the application as follows:

Primary School: 6 years
Secondary: 5 years
University/College: 3 years
Trade or other post secondary school: 2 years

Would you advise that I remove the 2 years of 'Trade/Other' and add them to the 'Secondary School' box? If so, would this cause confusion if the BTEC (studied at Chesterfield College) is separated out in the list of educational institutions I've attended?

Thanks,

Michael
I just double checked the Instructions on the SW PR forms, should I be fine if I leave it as it is as I'd meet the following criteria which is worth 20 points?

"A two-year diploma (my BTEC), trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study (Primary, Secondary and University = 14)"
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by drabux
Great spirit. What a great attitude you have. Learning the language might even be some fun

Alanb
Well I was really hopeless at French in school, so I'm hoping it'll be fun to get reacquainted......and I'll get started right away in time for our trip to Disney Land Paris in October
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Michael-B
I just double checked the Instructions on the SW PR forms, should I be fine if I leave it as it is as I'd meet the following criteria which is worth 20 points?

"A two-year diploma (my BTEC), trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study (Primary, Secondary and University = 14)"
Hey Mike...soz was at a Britney concert so couldn't respond earlier!

I think it's fine the way you've filled it in, I would definitely say your BTec was post secondary if you left school to go to college, and even if they think it should be secondary as you were under 18 you've still got enough years of education because you have your degree.

Plus you have arranged employment so I can't imagine you're scraping around for points or even borderline enough to worry too much about it.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ah okay, thanks Lucie, I'll leave it as it is. Hope you had fun at the concert