Refugee: The easy way

Old Jan 31st 2004, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Allinall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Refugee: The easy way

It is unbelievable how easy is to declare oneself a refugee and enjoy 3 years of a work permit and if everything goes cool: the permanent residence. I have met people that have declared themselves "refugees" and have told me that they are not really refugees.

It is so unfair, not only for those of us who have applied through the point system waiting for more than a year, paying fees and suffering throughout the process but most importantly for the people that really need a refugee status and are left behind because the limits have been reached.

Authorities should adopt a fair system considering the situation of each country, not only to grant refugee status, but also to avoid allowing big liars to work and live in Canada while the case is processed.

Last edited by Allinall; Feb 1st 2004 at 12:26 am.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Romano is a jewel in the roughRomano is a jewel in the roughRomano is a jewel in the roughRomano is a jewel in the roughRomano is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Refugee: The easy way

The Canadian system is extremely wise and fair in resolving about asylum claims; most fake refugee claims are identified and dismissed.

We should not put all refugee claims in the same bag. The fact that fake claimers have the right to work for about 2 years until their case is resolved is normal, even in the harsh US system; do not feel bad about that, refugees in Canada face many limitations (they cannot get sponsored for permanent residency by spouse) not aplicable in other Countries.

The Country with the largest amount of refugees is not Canada/US/Britain/Australia but Tanzania, one of the poorest Countries in the world.

Best luck

Originally posted by Allinall
It is unbelievable how easy is to declare oneself a refugee and enjoy 3 years of a work permit and if everything goes cool: the permanent residence. I have met people that have declared themselves "refugees" and have told me that they are not really refugees.

It is so unfair, not only for those of us who have applied through the point system waiting for more than a year, paying fees and suffering throughout the process but most importantly for the people that really need a refugee status and are left behind because the limits have been reached.

Authorities should adopt a fair system considering the situation of each country, not only to grant refugee status, but also to allow big liars to work and live in Canada while the case is processed.