References

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

tonyrleach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default References

Self employed for god knows how long, running my own Company, so for a job I need references. Who to ask and what information do they need to write.

Many thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:15 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Default Re: References

Originally Posted by tonyrleach
Self employed for god knows how long, running my own Company, so for a job I need references. Who to ask and what information do they need to write.

Many thanks
As I am going through the same process at the moment, here is what I learned and that is straight from my Canadian Partner

Usually a company will ask you for two professional and one personal reference. The Personal reference cannot be a direct family member.

Depending on the policies the hiring company has they will simply ask questions around whether you are trustworthy, dependable and whether there have been any major altercations. Usually Human Resource departments in Canada are very strict about what can be asked and what not. Usually they will prefer a phone conversation but email references seems to be accepted.

In general _they_ will contact the reference and they should _only_ contact those you named.