Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landed Family Class resident, broken up...

Landed Family Class resident, broken up...

Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

mrfollowfollow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed Family Class resident, broken up...

so as the title says i landed on 2nd may on a family class visa, things haven't worked out with my girlfriend who sponsored me, if i decide i want to stay does breaking up with her effect my residency????
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed Family Class resident, broken up...

If you are a permanent resident you can stay.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you are a permanent resident you can stay.
If you stay, the 3 years undertaking she signed still applies, so she would still have to financially support should the case arise.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:48 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

if CIC considered that the relationship (presume you were sponsored as a common-law partner) wasnt genuine and was really just for the purpose of you getting a PR visa there is a slim chance your PR status could be revoked but I would say its extremely unlikely they would know about it and investigate it.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Same thing happened to me, things were going bad in England while the sponsorship was going through but we were living with my dad and brothers in a small terraced house so we figured things would get back on track once we got to Canada and had our own place.

We lasted 8 months until we broke up, she took it hard and even tried to get me sent home but they basically told her tough luck. Im still here 4 and a half years later. Dont worry about it.