Recent draw

Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:47 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent draw

Originally Posted by WildfireV2
if Canada becomes almost impossible, what of the situation with the US immigration and their new changing of the guard, will it be easier for Brits to get in?
Not a god damn chance. America doesn't have a skills driven and points based system for permanent immigration in the way that Canada, Australia, NZ and now the UK do. The closest equivalent is the green card lottery and most British people aren't eligible for that.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:51 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It looks genuine - amazing!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tions-176.html

According to the ministerial announcement.. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...in-canada.html
It doesn't surprise me at all. Last year's figures were the lowest since the 1980's. They're going to have to make up the shortfall somehow.

The problem is that even a lot of people who were already approved and issued with a COPR are still blocked from traveling atm so inviting tens of thousands of people atm just seems like a way to further complicate things.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

We got an email saying to check our application but the system is still crashing I suppose 27,000+ people trying to log on at the same time is the problem. Will keep trying.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 12:59 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
We got an email saying to check our application but the system is still crashing I suppose 27,000+ people trying to log on at the same time is the problem. Will keep trying.
It's currently Sunday evening in Canada during a period of lockdown in several high population areas of the country and many people file their applications inland or from the USA. If you're in the UK right now then I'd advise just trying when you wake up tomorrow. Chances are demand will be much lower.

EDIT: NVM, I've just seen on your profile that you're in Ontario.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question the recent draw for EE via CEC was huge we are in the pool with 432 points qualifying for CEC would we expect to get an ITA as we haven’t heard anything and the portal seems to have crashed so cannot check. Thanks
Waiting a day or 2 for your email isn't uncommon, when I got drawn I didn't get a notification for about 36 hours, I could log in to the portal and see i'd got a message, but had no email to tell me I'd got a message in my portal for quite some time.

Best of luck and get prepping your documents!!!
Old Feb 15th 2021, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
Waiting a day or 2 for your email isn't uncommon, when I got drawn I didn't get a notification for about 36 hours, I could log in to the portal and see i'd got a message, but had no email to tell me I'd got a message in my portal for quite some time.

Best of luck and get prepping your documents!!!
Thanks we have the ITA now managed to get in this morning. Now for the fun to start.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Canniecanuck is an unknown quantity at this point

My nephew and his wife got an ITA under the CEC draw yesterday and have managed to get in the site to start filling in the forms but we have some questions

On the checklist it asks you to upload post secondary education, medical exam and proof of funds but we thought they were unnecessary for this route. So please can anyone Confirm

1. do they need a medical exam
2. will there current bank statement with their savings be enough for proof of funds and if so how much for two of them.
3. they have the WES report for their school which they already uploaded to their profile - should they submit that again?
4. They both currently have jobs in Canada which are permanent full time - do they still need a letter of employment/job offer even though they didn’t use that as part of the CRS points?

im sure this thread will get busy with so many ITA’s being given out.

thanks
Old Feb 16th 2021, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

sushilover is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw this too. I'm still in the express entry pool with 444 points - I'm hoping this means there will be a lower draw soon for the 'no program specified' category. I think I would pass out if it happened.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 10:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canniecanuck
My nephew and his wife got an ITA under the CEC draw yesterday and have managed to get in the site to start filling in the forms but we have some questions

On the checklist it asks you to upload post secondary education, medical exam and proof of funds but we thought they were unnecessary for this route. So please can anyone Confirm

1. do they need a medical exam
2. will there current bank statement with their savings be enough for proof of funds and if so how much for two of them.
3. they have the WES report for their school which they already uploaded to their profile - should they submit that again?
4. They both currently have jobs in Canada which are permanent full time - do they still need a letter of employment/job offer even though they didn’t use that as part of the CRS points?

im sure this thread will get busy with so many ITA’s being given out.

thanks
I would again ask that you please suggest your nephew and his wife join the forum to ask their questions themselves. We don't normally allow questions to be asked on behalf of third parties, it avoids anything being lost in translation and means we can get the info we need to help them.

Thanks.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

I do believe the recent draw was CEC specific to try and get people already in Canada on TWP, PR. With current travel restrictions in place it’s going to be difficult for Immigration to fill their allotted quota for immigrants. I do understand that there will be some CEC applicants outside Canada also.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Canniecanuck is an unknown quantity at this point

The reason I asked is because we all live in the same house, were sitting in the same room. He was on his lap top trying to fill in the forms, she was Googling to try and find answers. I had the hands free. There is nothing that would be lost.

sorry you weren’t able to help
Old Feb 16th 2021, 11:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canniecanuck
The reason I asked is because we all live in the same house, were sitting in the same room. He was on his lap top trying to fill in the forms, she was Googling to try and find answers. I had the hands free. There is nothing that would be lost.

sorry you weren’t able to help
Fab. So once they've signed up that'll mean we can help them without having to add the extra step in of asking you for info and you then asking them. When they ask their questions, ask them to let us know more info (the date of their ECA, whether they need the education for points or not, their jobs and how long they've worked in them etc), we can then help them.

And yes, they need a medical exam, every PR application does.

HTH.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

With our ITA we now have encountered a problem. I have asked this before so sorry in advance, if it’s a silly question.
My husbands work permit will expire on 6th of June this is a ICT permit The company is a global company with its main offices in France the UK side was sold. This threw up concerns over validity of his current WP.
With this in mind the company started to apply for a new work permit using the Global Talent Stream this is only just been started (not our fault communications between the employer and company appointed lawyer). My question is shouldn’t we just start our EE application now and then apply for a bridging permit when we get the application received from Immigration?
The lawyers have advised to carry on with GTS and start EE application as it will take awhile for this to be done due to the number of applicants.
We have everything for EE except medical just waiting for our appointment and biometrics can’t get yet.
Thanks again for all you help.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 11:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

My question is shouldn’t we just start our EE application now and then apply for a bridging permit when we get the application received from Immigration?
I'd have a BOWP as your Plan B if you don't get a new work permit in time. Just bear in mind that you need to have submitted and got to first stage approval before you can apply for a BOWP, so do make sure you submit your PR app asap.

Good luck.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Thank you christmasoompa its all come so quick we where planning on re taking our IELTS to get more points. Luckily
Ive taken advice from you lovely people and everything is good to go once we have had our medical.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.