Recent draw

Old Feb 14th 2021, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recent draw

Quick question the recent draw for EE via CEC was huge we are in the pool with 432 points qualifying for CEC would we expect to get an ITA as we haven’t heard anything and the portal seems to have crashed so cannot check. Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2021, 3:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent draw

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
Quick question the recent draw for EE via CEC was huge we are in the pool with 432 points qualifying for CEC would we expect to get an ITA as we haven’t heard anything and the portal seems to have crashed so cannot check. Thanks
I have no idea what has gone on with that draw, I'm not sure if it's genuine or there's an error somewhere. If you were in the pool and qualified under CEC, then yes, you should have got an invite, if it's not a computer glitch or has been misreported.

Have you checked your junk/spam mail?
Old Feb 14th 2021, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I was so shocked when we saw it too, we’ve hoped that the scores would drop a little but that was crazy. I’m hoping it’s not a glitch as I know they don’t normally do draws on a Saturday either. Yes I’ve checked spam too still can’t get on the IRCC portal to check either. There was also a press release yesterday saying they are targeting CEC with the aim to get TW all ready in Canada PR to bypass current travel restrictions.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

With such a large number of invitations to issue, you can expect a delay. I read sonewhere that invitations would be issued over 13&14 Feb. But not in this press release:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/skilled-workers-in-canada.html

Last edited by Snowy560; Feb 14th 2021 at 3:49 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 3:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
Hi I was so shocked when we saw it too, we’ve hoped that the scores would drop a little but that was crazy. I’m hoping it’s not a glitch as I know they don’t normally do draws on a Saturday either. Yes I’ve checked spam too still can’t get on the IRCC portal to check either. There was also a press release yesterday saying they are targeting CEC with the aim to get TW all ready in Canada PR to bypass current travel restrictions.
They have got a big target to meet, so it may well be genuine, and I'd imagine the portal is overloaded right now with thousands trying to do the same. So just be patient and keep trying, good luck.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 5:50 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It looks genuine - amazing!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tions-176.html

According to the ministerial announcement.. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...in-canada.html
Ottawa, February 13, 2021—As we confront the pandemic’s second wave and chart a course for our recovery, attracting skilled immigrants—who bring the talents and skills our economy needs to thrive—is a central part of our plan. With travel restrictions limiting who can come to Canada, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is pioneering new ways to engage those who are already here and hard at work. Their status may be temporary, but their contributions are lasting—and we’re hoping to help more of them stay permanently.

In an effort to help more skilled workers stay in Canada and bolster our economic recovery, approximately 27,300 workers with Canadian experience received an invitation today to apply for permanent residence. These workers fall under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) of the Express Entry pool.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks christmasoompa I’ll keep trying fingers crossed.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Snowy560
With such a large number of invitations to issue, you can expect a delay. I read sonewhere that invitations would be issued over 13&14 Feb. But not in this press release:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...in-canada.html

Thanks Snowy560
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They have got a big target to meet, so it may well be genuine, and I'd imagine the portal is overloaded right now with thousands trying to do the same. So just be patient and keep trying, good luck.
Does this mean this year would be a good year for trying to emigrate?

Also, if money is the issue as far as starting PR, should I wait until i have the money ready to move, or just get myself into the pool & keep building the money as it goes?
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by WildfireV2
Does this mean this year would be a good year for trying to emigrate?

Also, if money is the issue as far as starting PR, should I wait until i have the money ready to move, or just get myself into the pool & keep building the money as it goes?
Probably a worse year now given they’ve just invited over 27,000 people (plus their spouses, kids) to apply for PR on one day.

You’d need to have the money when you apply for PR, so unless you’re close to the amount it probably wouldn’t be worth entering the pool until you do, as if you don’t have it when you come to submit your app it’ll just be refused. That’s assuming you’re applying under FSW/EE of course.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Probably a worse year now given they’ve just invited over 27,000 people (plus their spouses, kids) to apply for PR on one day.

You’d need to have the money when you apply for PR, so unless you’re close to the amount it probably wouldn’t be worth applying until you do, as if you don’t have it when you come to submit your app it’ll just be refused. That’s assuming you’re applying under FSW/EE of course.
Well damn.

& out of curiosity, if Canada becomes almost impossible, what of the situation with the US immigration and their new changing of the guard, will it be easier for Brits to get in?
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Well damn.

& out of curiosity, if Canada becomes almost impossible, what of the situation with the US immigration and their new changing of the guard, will it be easier for Brits to get in?
Highly unlikely IMO. Canada will still be a mile easier for most folk.

Remember that a lot depends on your visa route, including whether proof of funds is required or not, and what quota is relevant to your specific route. So when asking questions always best to give info on how you’re planning on applying for PR, as the answers will vary depending on that.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Highly unlikely IMO. Canada will still be a mile easier for most folk.

Remember that a lot depends on your visa route, including whether proof of funds is required or not, and what quota is relevant to your specific route. So when asking questions always best to give info on how you’re planning on applying for PR, as the answers will vary depending on that.
The thing is, I did the IEC almost 3 years ago, & loved it.
But the work I do is only billing analyst/finance stuff, not certified, not managerial & right now I'm not in work and have struggled since being in the UK.

I don't have the belief that I'd be able to get PR anymore because it's been a rough few years even if I had the money.

Although i knew a guy that got PR while I was there and he was only a bartender for years, but he said he basically blagged a lot of things.

I'm still young enough (31) & single, no kids, nothing that would make it more difficult to move, & i have a degree in accounting, although I barely use it.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't a funds requirement for CEC and that was the only stream this latest draw was under.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 9:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The thing is, I did the IEC almost 3 years ago, & loved it.
But the work I do is only billing analyst/finance stuff, not certified, not managerial & right now I'm not in work and have struggled since being in the UK.

I don't have the belief that I'd be able to get PR anymore because it's been a rough few years even if I had the money.

Although i knew a guy that got PR while I was there and he was only a bartender for years, but he said he basically blagged a lot of things.

I'm still young enough (31) & single, no kids, nothing that would make it more difficult to move, & i have a degree in accounting, although I barely use it.
I don’t understand why you think the bartender thing is relevant? I’m sure we covered this before, there are many ways he could have got PR, same as you. He won’t have been able to ‘blag’ PR, he’ll just have applied for it same as any other bartender can do if eligible.

Sounds like you’re still not sure of your options, or understanding the routes to PR. You don’t need to be a manager or anything like that. And some routes don’t require proof of funds either. But to avoid taking this thread off topic further, do have another read of your previous threads & responses, then start your own thread with any questions.

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.