Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Received COPR but need IMM 5785 - what is it?

Received COPR but need IMM 5785 - what is it?

Old Jan 11th 2017, 10:36 am
Just Joined

RowanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Received COPR but need IMM 5785 - what is it?

So my British partner just got the COPR letter. The letter came with 2 copies of form IMM5688 (presumably one to hand over when we land, one to keep?) Within the letter it says he should have IMM5688 as well as IMM5785, but there is nothing with that number. I can't find any information on it anywhere. Does anybody know what this is? Could it be something that will arrive later?
Old Jan 11th 2017, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice
Default Re: Received COPR but need IMM 5785 - what is it?

Originally Posted by RowanM
So my British partner just got the COPR letter. The letter came with 2 copies of form IMM5688 (presumably one to hand over when we land, one to keep?) Within the letter it says he should have IMM5688 as well as IMM5785, but there is nothing with that number. I can't find any information on it anywhere. Does anybody know what this is? Could it be something that will arrive later?
I certainly didn't have any IMM5785, but rather just the 2 copies of the COPR.

I did a quick google and from other posts, sounds like it doesn't exist. Check out this page from August 2016. Just search the page for mentions of 5785 and there are various posts on it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...42032/page919/

I can't say with absolute certainty, but that's what I found.

Graham.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RowanM
My covering letter also says the same and no, I didn't get any paper IMM 5785.

I note from the covering letter that it is in the context of 'if you are from a visa exempt country' (which I am - so it applies), but it goes on to say '....an electronic foil (IMM5785)'. It goes on to state 'this means that some of your family members required a counterfoil in their passports while others were issued COPRs and electronic foils only'.

So it seems clear to me that IMM 5785 is probably some sort of an electronic data transfer that exists in their computers and not something that I personally either need to provide nor something I would expect to see as a paper copy.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point

I landed today and there was no request for IMM 5785, they just take both copies for the COPR and retain the copy with your photo on it.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

RowanM is an unknown quantity at this point

You'd think they could make it more clear, couldn't they? Why mention something if it's not being sent? Weird.

Thank you HighCeiling, that is reassuring.