Re: IEC / PNP + marriage

Old Sep 1st 2013, 3:41 am
Just Joined

catmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nice
Default Re: IEC / PNP + marriage

Hi sorry to jump on this band wagon. Im here under the IEC and it expires shortly but i applied for PNP and havent heard anything yet, anyway aside from that my canadian fiance and i have moved our wedding forward to the 15th of September. We to change my visa to a visitor visa then apply for spouse sponsorship. Im unsure if i should apply inland or outland and if i apply outland can i still apply for the iec as id like to get back to working asap.

Thanks everyone
Old Sep 1st 2013, 4:02 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catmann
Hi sorry to jump on this band wagon. Im here under the IEC and it expires shortly but i applied for PNP and havent heard anything yet, anyway aside from that my canadian fiance and i have moved our wedding forward to the 15th of September. We to change my visa to a visitor visa then apply for spouse sponsorship. Im unsure if i should apply inland or outland and if i apply outland can i still apply for the iec as id like to get back to working asap.

Thanks everyone
Welcome to BE - I moved your post to a thread of it's own as it's always better to start your own thread, that way you get responses aimed at your questions and not someone elses.

Which Province did you apply under for PNP and when did you apply - and under which stream? Some take as little as 8 weeks to get approval - others take several months.

When does your IEC run out? Make sure that you apply to change to visitor at least a week before your IEC runs out so that you are not out of status.

If you receive your PNP nomination before your IEC runs out - or after you have changed to visitor status - you can request a letter of support and take the letter to the border and get a temporary work permit.

Regarding the inland/outland thing.

If you haven't heard about your PNP nomination by the time you get married, you may want to withdraw it and go down the spousal route as it is much quicker (generally speaking).

You should apply 'outland' (and are allowed to) as it is far quicker. The advantages of 'outland' are that you are free to travel outside of Canada during processing; it takes approximately 1 month for sponsor approval and then a further 6+/- months for PR (COPR) to be issued. The only disadvantage is that if you are required to attend an interview you would need to fly back to the UK, however, this is highly unlikely.

These are the forms you will need: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

I would suggest you make a start on filling them out (ask any questions you need to) and getting your backing documentation prepared, don't wait until you are actually married. You will need to apply for Police Certificates for anywhere you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 but does NOT include Canada. You will also need to have a medical done.

The IEC program won't open again until December/January so the quicker you can get your application put in, the better. Don't forget though, if your PNP is being processed and you change over to spousal sponsorship, you will lose the money you have paid already unless you cancel prior to the start of processing (I believe this is correct, but others may know differently).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Old Sep 1st 2013, 4:52 am
Just Joined

catmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nicecatmann is just really nice

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Welcome to BE - I moved your post to a thread of it's own as it's always better to start your own thread, that way you get responses aimed at your questions and not someone elses.

Which Province did you apply under for PNP and when did you apply - and under which stream? Some take as little as 8 weeks to get approval - others take several months.

When does your IEC run out? Make sure that you apply to change to visitor at least a week before your IEC runs out so that you are not out of status.

If you receive your PNP nomination before your IEC runs out - or after you have changed to visitor status - you can request a letter of support and take the letter to the border and get a temporary work permit.

Regarding the inland/outland thing.

If you haven't heard about your PNP nomination by the time you get married, you may want to withdraw it and go down the spousal route as it is much quicker (generally speaking).

You should apply 'outland' (and are allowed to) as it is far quicker. The advantages of 'outland' are that you are free to travel outside of Canada during processing; it takes approximately 1 month for sponsor approval and then a further 6+/- months for PR (COPR) to be issued. The only disadvantage is that if you are required to attend an interview you would need to fly back to the UK, however, this is highly unlikely.

These are the forms you will need: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

I would suggest you make a start on filling them out (ask any questions you need to) and getting your backing documentation prepared, don't wait until you are actually married. You will need to apply for Police Certificates for anywhere you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 but does NOT include Canada. You will also need to have a medical done.

The IEC program won't open again until December/January so the quicker you can get your application put in, the better. Don't forget though, if your PNP is being processed and you change over to spousal sponsorship, you will lose the money you have paid already unless you cancel prior to the start of processing (I believe this is correct, but others may know differently).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

wow this is the best reply. YOU ARE AWESOME!! So i applied for PNP in June in BC i applied via my employment as a technical support rep with Shaw cable. They stated 8-12 weeks and it has already been 10 but my iec expires on September 21st and we plan to marry September 15th. I have already applied for my police certificate which is awesome as i just want to be prepared as possible.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 5:18 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catmann
wow this is the best reply. YOU ARE AWESOME!! So i applied for PNP in June in BC i applied via my employment as a technical support rep with Shaw cable. They stated 8-12 weeks and it has already been 10 but my iec expires on September 21st and we plan to marry September 15th. I have already applied for my police certificate which is awesome as i just want to be prepared as possible.
You are very welcome!

BC is one of the quicker Provinces for nomination approval, so you should hear something soon I believe.

I suppose then you have a decision to make - whether to continue with the PNP application and be able to work but it will take a little longer for PR, or to cancel the PNP application and go with the spousal sponsorship and not be able to work!

If you get your nomination approval and apply at the border for a TWP (normally given for 2 years), I believe you can apply for the PR part of PNP to be processed in Ottawa (11 months) which is much quicker than London (27 months)- about 4 months longer than spousal PR takes.

Old Sep 1st 2013, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are very welcome!

BC is one of the quicker Provinces for nomination approval, so you should hear something soon I believe.

I suppose then you have a decision to make - whether to continue with the PNP application and be able to work but it will take a little longer for PR, or to cancel the PNP application and go with the spousal sponsorship and not be able to work!

If you get your nomination approval and apply at the border for a TWP (normally given for 2 years), I believe you can apply for the PR part of PNP to be processed in Ottawa (11 months) which is much quicker than London (27 months)- about 4 months longer than spousal PR takes.

Great thats awesome. Either way we will see if my pnp comes through before my wedding then i will continue with that and continue working as i really love my job and being sponsored by my wife to be and not being able to work for god knows how long isnt the ideal situation to be in.