Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Re: Breach of the Peace Criminal Conviction

Re: Breach of the Peace Criminal Conviction

Old Feb 4th 2012, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

folamum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Breach of the Peace Criminal Conviction

Hello, I am new to the forum but I have been lurking around for a while.

My husband was convicted of breach of the peace in April 2007 and was put on probation till nov 2007.
He will like to visit Canada soon, just want to find out if he will be admissible or not.
Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2012, 6:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by folamum
Hello, I am new to the forum but I have been lurking around for a while.

My husband was convicted of breach of the peace in April 2007 and was put on probation till nov 2007.
He will like to visit Canada soon, just want to find out if he will be admissible or not.
Thanks
Hi, and welcome the forum.

From what you've said, if BOTP is a criminal act in Canada he'd be inadmissible until Nov 2012 (it's five years from the end of sentence, not from date of conviction) but would be eligible to apply for criminal rehab after that - although it does take up to a year, so realistically he wouldn't be visiting until 2013.

But without knowing all the details it's a bit tricky for anybody to give you a definitive answer, you can read the CIC website which may help - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/conviction.asp

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 4th 2012 at 6:42 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:33 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Breach of the peace is indeed a criminal offence in Canada. Whether it applies in this case depends on the facts that led to the conviction.