Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

RCMP Criminal Record Check from UK for EE application

RCMP Criminal Record Check from UK for EE application

Old Aug 12th 2017, 9:30 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RCMP Criminal Record Check from UK for EE application

Originally Posted by Snowy560
In fact, my own daughter, aged 18, had an RCMP check requested during Citizenship processing. No one in the rest of the family was asked and she does not have a common name.
So after they victimised your own child like that, how do you continue to support them and attempt to justify their shocking treatment of people? I know I just wouldn't be able to do that in your position.

Our perspectives are probably different here. I'm guessing if you have kids and have placed roots then the cost of tolerating their poor treatment and oppression may have seemed less than the instability of living on PR indefinitely however I personally would have told them to shove their citizenship where the sun never shines.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
So after they victimised your own child like that, how do you continue to support them and attempt to justify their shocking treatment of people? I know I just wouldn't be able to do that in your position.

Our perspectives are probably different here. I'm guessing if you have kids and have placed roots then the cost of tolerating their poor treatment and oppression may have seemed less than the instability of living on PR indefinitely however I personally would have told them to shove their citizenship where the sun never shines.
I suspect you are now either trolling or have no idea what being oppressed or victimized means. Certainly being asked to provide documentation, which is not illegal under Canadian or international law, as part of an application to live in another country does not even come close to either being victimized or oppressed.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

OP I agree 100% with EA and think you have completely lost it or are now posting replies to those of us who have tried to help you to provoke us further.

It's good you found out Canada's not for you before you came. You should get a grip. Your posts on this thread are coming across as being made by someone who is somewhat unstable.

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 12th 2017 at 2:47 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 4:03 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
I suspect you are now either trolling or have no idea what being oppressed or victimized means. Certainly being asked to provide documentation, which is not illegal under Canadian or international law, as part of an application to live in another country does not even come close to either being victimized or oppressed.
I wouldn't waste my time trolling you, or anybody else for that matter. Likewise, I don't really want to get into a big debate or dictionary definitions here either but by nature of the word, to single one applicant out and treat them differently from 10 or 20 others is to victimise that person.

Whether or not you agree with my position on this is entirely up to you and I'm certainly happy to agree to disagree. I'll be honest though, I've seen some members occasionally support unjust behaviour, bullying and abuses of power by immigration authorities on this forum during my time here but some of the opinions expressed in this thread have really surprised me.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 4:06 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Snowy560
OP I agree 100% with EA and think you have completely lost it or are now posting replies to those of us who have tried to help you to provoke us further.

It's good you found out Canada's not for you before you came. You should get a grip. Your posts on this thread are coming across as being made by someone who is somewhat unstable.
You know, a member on here once jokingly said that if the US and Canadian immigration authorities suddenly started requested that people have a limb amputated as part of their application then they'd expect to see threads emerge asking about what paperwork would be needed and which surgeons might authorised to perform the amputation.

At the time that post seemed a little far fetched. Now I'm really not so sure.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

No I'd rather they did the work themselves since they have access to a ton of resources for verification such as their own systems, Interpol etc. Because they can't be arsed to push a few keys, they're persuing a 'guilty until proven innocent' approach and passing off yet more hard work and expense on to me.

Can you believe the cheeky SOB's are now demanding the PR fee from me as well? The whole thing makes me sick to the stomach.
I don't understand. You're angry that you're being afforded an opportunity to show you're not someone who isn't allowed in, and you're angry at paying for the processing you asked for to allow you to live here?
Old Aug 12th 2017, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you but they should also refund my application fee in this case because this requirement wasn't made clear at the point of purchase.

The explanation of "they want it" is just not valid by any means. I want a free yacht but that doesn't mean I'm entitled to one.

You're the one who asked to live here. If you couldn't be bothered to look up the requirements - including the potential for a Police Certificate from multiple countries - then petulantly whining about how you've changed your mind later isn't going to get you far.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 6:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No I'd rather they did the work themselves since they have access to a ton of resources for verification such as their own systems, Interpol etc. Because they can't be arsed to push a few keys, they're persuing a 'guilty until proven innocent' approach and passing off yet more hard work and expense on to me.

Can you believe the cheeky SOB's are now demanding the PR fee from me as well? The whole thing makes me sick to the stomach.
Isn't that something that everyone has to pay as part of the process?
Old Aug 12th 2017, 6:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

DG, whether you decide to comply with the request is your choice, but I see no point in keeping the thread open. You've been given the information and advice and if you choose to ignore it, that's up to you. Continuously going about how it's unfair, unjust and how you feel 'victimised' won't change a thing. If you choose not to have it done then you won't be admitted as a PR, it's as simple as that.

Thread closed.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 12th 2017 at 6:32 pm.