Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions? Experienced knowledge required.

Questions? Experienced knowledge required.

Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Shelby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions? Experienced knowledge required.

I currently have my skilled worker application in process at the London office and have recently been sent the letter to forward my updated documents.
When we applied to emigrate we did not realise that the process would take so long and have now decided that my husband would be better off finishing his time in the Armed Forces (9 years left) in order that he will receive a full pension.
We still want to emigrate to Canada but obviously not for a few years yet and wondered what the best way forward would be.

If a visa is granted to us after submitting our updated paperwork and doing our medicals
a)how long do we have to get the visa stamped as landed
b)do you have to be in canada for a certain amount of months/days in a row (i am aware that you need to be in country for two years out of five)
c) If we do manage to be in Canada for the required amount of time how long will that keep us "safe" for?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:26 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions? Experienced knowledge required.

Your visa , when issued is valid for a year from the date of your meds or the duration of your passport validity (if it is less than a year)

In ANY five year period you need to have been resident for AT LEAST two years. The days do not have to be consecutive
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Shelby is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that the case for all persons or just the principal applicant?

Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:45 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Once you land , your PR status is not linked to the principle. Everyone is responsible for maintaining there own status.