Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions abt application (skilled worker)

Questions abt application (skilled worker)

Old Oct 28th 2002, 12:07 am
Just Joined

doctor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions abt application (skilled worker)

Hi:

Thanks to all your replies to my previous post.

I am currently filling out the application. I have one question: In the form it asks where I intend to live in Canada. I don't have any location in mind. Depends on where I get a job. What should I fill in the application?

Thanks.
Old Oct 28th 2002, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions abt application (skilled worker)

for someone applying to move to canada for the rest of his/her life... it would probably be prudent for you to get a feel for what you are getting youself into.. and that includes researching where you want to live... arbitarily pulling a place out of the air will just make things more difficult for you, so you may want to spend some time researching the different parts of canada, evaluate their pro's and con's, and then decide where you want to go...

to answer your question though... you can put in anywhere in canada except the province of quebec unless you have a csq... listing the place on the form dosnt mean you HAVE to go there, you can decide to live somewhere else... but if you are called down for an interview and in your form you say you want to move to ottawa, but later at the interview decide you want to go to toronto instead, it would demonstrate that you didnt do your research before you applied... imagine what kind of impression that makes...

Originally posted by doctor
Hi:

Thanks to all your replies to my previous post.

I am currently filling out the application. I have one question: In the form it asks where I intend to live in Canada. I don't have any location in mind. Depends on where I get a job. What should I fill in the application?

Thanks.
Old Oct 28th 2002, 1:29 am
Just Joined

Hi:

Thanks for your reply. I have researched the various places and do prefer Toronto, Ontario, based on the job availability in my area of work, the climate, language, etc. I am currently researching the job availabiliy, and will start applying for jobs soon.

I was in a fix what to put since I didn't want to end up in a situation (which you mentioned where I write Toronto and I end up getting a job in a different place by the time my application is approved. But I am not restricting my applications to just the Toronto area, since I am more concerned with the nature of the job than location.

Would it be ok to mention Toronto in the form for now? Also, if later my decision changes, is the fact that I have a job in a different place than Toronto valid for settling in a place other than the place mentioned in the application.

Originally posted by bighead
for someone applying to move to canada for the rest of his/her life... it would probably be prudent for you to get a feel for what you are getting youself into.. and that includes researching where you want to live... arbitarily pulling a place out of the air will just make things more difficult for you, so you may want to spend some time researching the different parts of canada, evaluate their pro's and con's, and then decide where you want to go...

to answer your question though... you can put in anywhere in canada except the province of quebec unless you have a csq... listing the place on the form dosnt mean you HAVE to go there, you can decide to live somewhere else... but if you are called down for an interview and in your form you say you want to move to ottawa, but later at the interview decide you want to go to toronto instead, it would demonstrate that you didnt do your research before you applied... imagine what kind of impression that makes...
Old Oct 28th 2002, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point

yes.. as long as its not in quebec...

Originally posted by doctor
Hi:

Thanks for your reply. I have researched the various places and do prefer Toronto, Ontario, based on the job availability in my area of work, the climate, language, etc. I am currently researching the job availabiliy, and will start applying for jobs soon.

I was in a fix what to put since I didn't want to end up in a situation (which you mentioned where I write Toronto and I end up getting a job in a different place by the time my application is approved. But I am not restricting my applications to just the Toronto area, since I am more concerned with the nature of the job than location.

Would it be ok to mention Toronto in the form for now? Also, if later my decision changes, is the fact that I have a job in a different place than Toronto valid for settling in a place other than the place mentioned in the application.
Old Oct 28th 2002, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Cool. Thanks.

Originally posted by bighead
yes.. as long as its not in quebec...