Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions about NOC and Proof of Funds

Questions about NOC and Proof of Funds

Old Jul 22nd 2017, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice
Default Questions about NOC and Proof of Funds

Hi Everyone
I hold an Australian immigration visa, but for some reason I am just attracted to Canada. I was in the pool of EE back in 2015 and 2016, but my 450 score was not enough at the time. So, I moved on and applied to Australia and got the immigration visa. Now, I see that the required score for invitation rounds is reduced, and I am really tempted to try and apply to Canada again. I assume my score will be in the range of 440 points this time.
hed
I just have 2 questions, I hope you can give me some answers.

Are NOC occupations really important in the migration application? My occupation is in construction estimation, but, my qualifications are in civil engineering. There are 2 separate occupations in the Canadian classification (civil engineers group, and construction estimators). Do I really have to be very careful in choosing an occupation when filling my EE application? In Australia and where I live, quantity surveying or estimation fall under the civil engineering group, they are inter-related. Any advise one what should I nominate as my occupation?

Second question is about proof of funds. I don't have the minimum required amount of money in my bnck account now. However, I do have stocks with value that exceeds the requirement by far. My stocks are winning, and I am really really not interested in selling them. Would a statement of investment account showing my shares and their current market value be accepted as a proof of funds? Or, is it mandatory to sell the shares now, and transfer the money to my saving account? If mandatory, when should I do it? before submitting EE application? or before submitting visa application (if invited)?

Thanks, and I am looking to hear from you.
Ahmad
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about NOC and Proof of Funds

You need to choose the NOC code based on the duties and responsibilities you have not the titles for the work experience you are claiming points for (it doesn't need to match your degree title to get you the education points).

In your case it shouldn't make any difference as both will be skilled.

On the proof of funds, I am afraid not, shares, investments etc. cannot be used as proof of funds. The issue is that (unlikely I know) but the stock market could crash tomorrow making your investments worthless so CIC want to know you have access to the funds not what your net worth is. CIC typically want to see the money in a savings account for 6 months (to show it isn't a loan taken out recently or such). You may be able to get round this as you would have evidence you sold shares.

You need to submit the evidence when you are invited to apply for your PR so I would sell them and put cash in bank once you receive the ITA.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice
Default Re: Questions about NOC and Proof of Funds

Thanks for your answer. I will go for construction estimator then.