Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PPR received but nowhere to upload documents - help appreciated!

PPR received but nowhere to upload documents - help appreciated!

Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PPR received but nowhere to upload documents - help appreciated!

Hi all,

Got the excellent news this morning that my EE application had been approved, as I received a passport request via email.

I am confused however, it says that for visa exempt countries a photocopy of the passport bio page, and a copy of the passport request letter, must be uploaded online. But on my CIC account, there is no update, in fact nothing has changed for over a week. Still says the application is in progress.

Any ideas what I need to do? Should it update itself in the next couple of days?

Thanks!

edit: not sure if its relevant but the visa office I need to submit to is London as I currently live in the UK..

Last edited by Gorbzilla; Jul 21st 2017 at 4:04 pm. Reason: additional info added at end
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PPR received but nowhere to upload documents - help appreciated!

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla
Hi all,

Got the excellent news this morning that my EE application had been approved, as I received a passport request via email.

I am confused however, it says that for visa exempt countries a photocopy of the passport bio page, and a copy of the passport request letter, must be uploaded online. But on my CIC account, there is no update, in fact nothing has changed for over a week. Still says the application is in progress.

Any ideas what I need to do? Should it update itself in the next couple of days?

Thanks!

edit: not sure if its relevant but the visa office I need to submit to is London as I currently live in the UK..
MyCIC is VERY flaky! Many people have reported problems like this. I would send what they have asked for by good old paper / post.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I've noticed its very flaky, but not being able to upload documents when there's a deadline is ridiculous!

I am planning to go to the visa office on Monday as its near work, and I'll submit everything in person there.

Thanks!
Old Jul 21st 2017, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I've noticed its very flaky, but not being able to upload documents when there's a deadline is ridiculous!

I am planning to go to the visa office on Monday as its near work, and I'll submit everything in person there.

Thanks!
Be aware that they may refuse to accept anything delivered to the visa office in person (so I have been told, not personal experience).
Old Jul 21st 2017, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ah ok, well worst case I can post it afterwards if they dont accept it in person, it would have only cost me a little bit of time.

On a related note, do you know what the turnaround is once I have submitted everything?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty normal for upload field not to appear You have to send the physical photos anyway, so just include the annexe A & photocopy with them.

Took me about two weeks from sending off to getting COPR
Old Jul 21st 2017, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Perfect, thanks Vulcanoid.

So was it sufficient to only send everything via post, or did you also have to raise a technical fault with the system so you could upload the docs also?

They do have a web form to raise issues so I think I may do that, I'm sure others have worried about having to upload documents within a time limit when not such functionality exists!
Old Jul 21st 2017, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't bother with any technical reports. I had to send an envelope, I sent an envelope with everything. Was including a covering 'please find photos enclosed' note anyway, so just stuck on the end of that 'no upload slot available, please find everything enclosed'.

That said, I landed over two weeks ago, and while ECAS is showing a very satisfactory 'Complete' message, including the date and location I landed, myCIC still claims 'Your action is needed' and doesn't say my app has been approved; probably connected to the same lack of update problem. Generally, I'd say myCIC is pretty good at being a postbox for them to send you mail, and not a lot of use for anything else
Old Jul 21st 2017, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ok good to know, I only received a direct email about the passport request and nothing via myCIC, agreed it doesn't seem like a particularly well designed/maintained system..

I'll go ahead and post it all.

Thanks all for your input!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

A few more questions if I may.

1. The instructions in the PPR letter are not 100% clear - When I send the letter with everything included, does it need to contain a return envelope?

2. Does one of the photo's really need to have the name and address of the photographer? Along with my name, DOB, and UCI number, I'll be running very short of space, and my handwriting is not so good...

Thanks!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

My "Ready for Visa" email from CIC asked for this:

"1. One copy of this letter [ie, the email, with the "Passport Dispatch Instructions" completed by hand], including the Passport Dispatch Instructions (Outside Canada Only)

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...f/5445EB-e.pdf

[these instructions show that the rear of one photo must show:

Name and date of birth
Date, name and address of photography studio

(the instructions did not ask for the UCI number)]

All required documents must be submitted one single package" (emphases original).

The instructions went on to say "you must provide a prepaid and self addressed envelope for return of visa documentation", and the instructions set out what was acceptable in this regard and what was not.

I used a type of registered mail to send my package so I could track its delivery. The return envelope was of the same type.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm actually curious here, because I've always assumed the PPRs are identical form letters.

1. The instructions in the PPR letter are not 100% clear - When I send the letter with everything included, does it need to contain a return envelope?
Did your ready for visa/pret pour visa email/letter not include:
"In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company." ?

2. Does one of the photo's really need to have the name and address of the photographer? Along with my name, DOB, and UCI number, I'll be running very short of space, and my handwriting is not so good...
Again, did you not have the line:
"3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf" ?

If it did not include those lines, then those are the instructions given to others. If it did include those lines, then... follow the instructions. (In terms of the envelope, I included a Royal Mail special delivery pouch, which was returned using the most premium service - annoyingly, as it turns out, as they paid extra for a Saturday delivery a couple of weeks later & I was on vacation until Monday that weekend )
Old Jul 24th 2017, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

MelVan, Vulcanoid, thanks for the replies.

The email is indeed standard (for London visa office people at least anyway) and says all of the above, I think I just confused myself from from reading it over and over again.

Looks like I'm all set, I'll be posting it today