Question Regarding Bunac

Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

John27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question Regarding Bunac

Hello, Just a quick question to anyone with knowledge of Bunac.

I'm currently have a place on this years Work Canada non student programme but have just found out that I won't be able to get out to Canada by the end of January deadline next year. Therefore I am going to have to give up my place on this years programme.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to apply for next years programme when it opens in December? I haven't applied for the visa on this years programme so i'm guessing I should be okay?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question Regarding Bunac

Originally Posted by John27
Hello, Just a quick question to anyone with knowledge of Bunac.

I'm currently have a place on this years Work Canada non student programme but have just found out that I won't be able to get out to Canada by the end of January deadline next year. Therefore I am going to have to give up my place on this years programme.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to apply for next years programme when it opens in December? I haven't applied for the visa on this years programme so i'm guessing I should be okay?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I would write to BUNAC and officially relinquish my place and in that letter ask about applying for a place on next year's programme, just to be sure. But I would think it would be ok, yes.

Good luck :-)

Adele x
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

rather than wasting a visa that someone could have used, you could enquire as to whether you can enter later than the required date, in your case January
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
rather than wasting a visa that someone could have used, you could enquire as to whether you can enter later than the required date, in your case January

I dont think you are able to do this as there are on a set quota for the year and when Jan 31st rolls round all those unsued become null and void. Probably for internal audit/admin reasons.

I think your best bet is as stated by a prvious poster advise BUNAC of your situation and hope that they will help you out, however at the end of the day all this stuff is at the discretion of CIC and there may be rules about applying year after year?