Question of Immigration

Old Nov 28th 2001, 4:39 pm
Heather

Anyone who is on Social Assistance would be able to tell you that it never meets the
actual needs of that person and/or family. You will barely get enough money to live
on and I mean BARELY. If you truly do not have the funds to cover you & your family
while SEEKING a job for a few months please reconsider coming to Canada. There is no
"pot of gold" in social assistance here.
--
Heather

>

Old Nov 29th 2001, 5:51 am
Shelley

Why are you so concerned with money you may or may not be able to get from the
Government? If you are worried about finding a job - starting job hunting now. There
are lots of search engines available on-line, or you can even have Canadian
newspapers and magazines sent to you where you can read the ads and apply. Here is a
link to the Electronic Labour Exchange, http://ele-spe.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/ Assistance,
if you qualify for it, is usually a few hundred dollars, which is not enough to live
on. If you don't think you can succeed in finding a new home and job, then you would
be well advised not to move at all. Take Care. Shelley

"Michelle" <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > No... what you get depends on need ... not on desire. Social assistance[/usenetquote2]
is
[usenetquote2]> > not enough to live on. It is just that ... assistance.[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 29th 2001, 6:04 am
Zulu

Those few hundreds buks maybe is not enoygh to live on in Canada, but a monthly
jackpot for someone getting landing papers only to later collect welfare while living
back in Pakistan or some other similar place...

All this questionning from "Michelle" feels to me really suspicious...

in message

[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > No... what you get depends on need ... not on desire. Social assistance[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > not enough to live on. It is just that ... assistance.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 29th 2001, 11:00 am
Peter Wu

>
monthly
    >
while
    >
    >
    >
    >

I can hardly agree with you, zulu. When you make a big decision, such as emigration
from Pakistan or some other similar places, you need to make sure that you understand
everything.

Before you were employed by a firm, you might need to make sure you understand the
policies and, of course, the fund or program that benefits you. You would either surf
that firm's web site or directly ask for the information during interview. I can
hardly see how suspicious you would be. You were just doing the right thing to
collect enough information. The collection of information does not mean that you want
to ONLY get the welfare WITHOUT contributing to the firm.

I'm also a guy who has submitted the application but would like to know if there is
any social assistance program run by the Canadian Government. I've been observing
this thread for days and do appreciate the information and advices put forward by
those kind people! Thank you!

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 1:24 am
Mwanza55

Without means to support yourself may also hindder your application other aspects
like skill, language and region and a guarantor also matter,you are not entitled to
govt subsidy as independent immigrant,however you are entitled to medical coverage
after 3 month residency requirement and other social services based on the merit of
your circumstances are also available

>
[usenetquote2]> > So what I could draw from your statement is that "if we could not be employed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > from the first day we land in Canada, we could get NO relief funds from the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > government, right? But I heard that either the local municipal government or the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canadian government would send out relief funds in various kinds to unemployed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > immigrates. Would you pls provide us more information on this, your help will be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > highly appreciated![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks, Michelle[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >