Question about visa office

Old Apr 7th 2010, 11:27 am
Just Joined

JohnWang is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Question about visa office

Hi All,

I recently got my reference number and I was requested to submit a complete application to the London visa office within 120 days.

However, my situation has changed and due to family reason, i will need to go back to China.

I am wondering whether my application can be transferred to Hong Kong visa office as I will no longer live in London after April. If this is not possible, can I still submit all my documents oversea to London Visa Office when I am no longer live in London?

Any advice pls
Old Apr 7th 2010, 6:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about visa office

Hi

Originally Posted by JohnWang
Hi All,

I recently got my reference number and I was requested to submit a complete application to the London visa office within 120 days.

However, my situation has changed and due to family reason, i will need to go back to China.

I am wondering whether my application can be transferred to Hong Kong visa office as I will no longer live in London after April. If this is not possible, can I still submit all my documents oversea to London Visa Office when I am no longer live in London?

Any advice pls
Yes, you can submit to London, here is what CIC says regarding transferring files.

Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone does not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120 day deadline allotted by the CIO.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2010/ob180.asp