Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Verification of Educational Documents by CHC London

Verification of Educational Documents by CHC London

Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:37 am
Banned

Khurram Majid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Verification of Educational Documents by CHC London

Dear All,

I want to know how Canadian High Commission London verifies the educational documents of applicants from Pakistan. I mean what sort of methods do they use.

Thanks,
Khurram Majid
Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Verification of Educational Documents by CHC London

Originally Posted by Khurram Majid
Dear All,

I want to know how Canadian High Commission London verifies the educational documents of applicants from Pakistan. I mean what sort of methods do they use.

Thanks,
Khurram Majid
what a dodgy question.

They would probably phone your place of study and confirm.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bibendum
what a dodgy question.

They would probably phone your place of study and confirm.
That's what I thought!

Surely if the documents are genuine you will have nothing to worry about!!

Tim
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Khurram Majid
Dear All,

Thanks,
Khurram Majid
they will hire an agent in your country and investigate your education and work history.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Great... can see CIC London now slowing down to a snails pace on FSW applications and detective work on applications from Pakistan.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

<sigh>

From OP 6:

"There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected."
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
Great... can see CIC London now slowing down to a snails pace on FSW applications and detective work on applications from Pakistan.
Agreed, we can only hope they are processed by a separate team within London. There's another forum I read, some of the posts are comical and so obviously trying to cheat their way into the country, worrying thing is I'd imagine a lot of them are successful?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Yes Stokesey, spot on!

i work in the IT industry and outsource developement and testing, and therefore review resumes and CV's. Well aware of the the issues from that part of the world.

Last edited by MapleSauce; Apr 7th 2010 at 8:34 am.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Location: Lincoln United Kingdom but hope to settle in Kamloops B.C
diablorouge is an unknown quantity at this point

Dodgy indeed!
The poor sods who have to check all of this kind of stuff must have seen hundreds if not thousands of fake qualifications, makes you wonder how many get through. Thankfully my wife and I have real qualifications, so as someone rightly said, nothing to worry about
Old Apr 7th 2010, 6:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by diablorouge
Dodgy indeed!
The poor sods who have to check all of this kind of stuff must have seen hundreds if not thousands of fake qualifications, makes you wonder how many get through. Thankfully my wife and I have real qualifications, so as someone rightly said, nothing to worry about
Lots of fake documents and AEOs that are bought through unscrupulous agents and employers for about $12K. That is why there are MIOs (Migration Integrity Officers) who visit employers, schools even villages to determine bona fides of documents, marriages, employment. If you are departing some airports you may see at the check in counters people who the check-in Clerks are passing passports and documents to, for determination if they are valid or not. You will also see them in departure lounges do further checks on passports. They are employees or CHC/CIC . There was a post on another forum where an employer was visited in Bangladesh by 2 officers from Singapore to determine if the applicant actually worked there and they interviewed the person's boss as well.