Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about medical receipt / passport

Question about medical receipt / passport

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

psnick is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Question about medical receipt / passport

I am in USA and i had applied for Canadian Immigration from here in 2009. My case was applied at Buffalo consulate, New York and then they transferred to Canadian Consulate General, Los Angeles, California. I got medical on 15 Nov. 2011. I completed my medical and also sent receipt to the Canadian consulate general at Los Angeles as proof. Actually I am missing one informational document where It was written that I have to send copy of DMP receipt as proof of medical examination. But one other applicant met me at medical center and told me that we have to send copy to consulate.
I have two questions:

1. Do I need to send copy of DMP's receipt to the Canadian Consulate General, Los Angeles, California OR Director, Health Programs (RNH), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada? Because it was written on the form that ---

"Your medical examination reports and x-rays must be sent by the Designated Medical Practitioner to the following address:
Director, Health Programs (RNH), Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Canadian Building, 219 Laurier Avenue West, 3rd Floor,
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1 Canada"

I am not sure if I need to send receipt to the Canadian Consulate General, Los Angeles or Director, Health Programs (RNH), Ottawa, Canada.

2. Do I need to send passport too with copy of medical receipt to the Canadian Consulate General or Immigration department will email me later for passport after finish of medical procedure on their side? One of my friend he applied from India and he sent both passport and medical report examination receipts together. I am not sure from here in U.S.A if I also need to send both together or Canadian Consulate General will ask for passport later.

Thanks.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:49 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about medical receipt / passport

Surely the CIC getting the DMP report is proof of the medical? If anyone needs the receipt it will the the LA consulate, not the health programs office, they get the report and Xrays after all.

Send the passport when they ask you to.

Why was this more urgent than anyone else's question?

Last edited by iaink; Nov 22nd 2011 at 7:52 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

They did not ask for medical report but DMP's receipt of examination.

I was missing one informational document which one other applicant shown me at medical center. I don't know why they did not send me, i just need to confirm if i missed important information.

It is urgent because i already done with medical examination and doctor will send it as soon as possible. I did not want to create any confusion or misunderstanding for me or for immigration officer.

Thanx very much for information.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ask the LA consulate if they need the receipt? You could send it anyway, it wont do any harm.

The DMP will send the report to Ottawa as a matter of routine.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

I sent them email but no reply yet. But i read at one informational documents shown by one more applicant came at medical center for medical examination. But i could not read full document and i was doubtful if i am missing full information or not.

Thanx.