Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorhsip of common law living in canada but applying outside?

Sponsorhsip of common law living in canada but applying outside?

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

jcdavies81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorhsip of common law living in canada but applying outside?

Hey guys great site and seems like there are so many helpful people on here.

So im applying for common law sponsorship im have been in canada for about 3 years now on a working holiday visa via my australia passport.

to clarify i have both a british and australian passport.

I have lived with my partner the total time and am unable to renew the visa any longer.

My visa runs out in september 2012 and I am currently applying sponsorship but doing the outside of canada method so through the london office.

I just wanted to make sure this is something Im allowed to do, and in the application to clearly state im in canada? its all rather confusing and would appreciate any help given

Thanks
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 3:31 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorhsip of common law living in canada but applying outside?

Of course you have to give truthful information! It is not a problem that you are in Canada and they will know that anyway.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim

I didnt mean be not truthful but just curious as to if they belive me still to be a resident of the UK rather than Canada as im only on a workign holiday Visa.

I also have a question regarding the medical, do they send teh forms directly to the office so i can submit my application beforehand and then they will send that out for me. I am currently booked in for a medical 20dec

thanks for youe help guys and any great tips for stuff proving the relationship would be greatly appreciated
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 6:45 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming you are a UK citizen then you can always have your application processed at the visa office in London. There is a guide for sponsors of spouses and another for sponsored spouses. Read them because what you get from the DMP is a receipt showing that you have completed the medical examination.
Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Tha you for your help i do remember reading aboput teh recipt now