A question about the medical!!!!

Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:29 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default A question about the medical!!!!

I was wondering as to where are the medicals sent to?
I have a spousal sponsorship in process! now, after we do our medical, the medical reports etc are sent to the visa post serving the sponsored person! after the visa post receives those reports, are they kept by them fr further assessment or are they sent to Ottawa fr the further assessment?? the jist of my question is if the medical reports are assessed by the doctors of the visa post or the doctors at Ottawa medical thingy?
can anyone enlighten pls
Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:58 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question about the medical!!!!

Originally Posted by amancharan
I was wondering as to where are the medicals sent to?
I have a spousal sponsorship in process! now, after we do our medical, the medical reports etc are sent to the visa post serving the sponsored person! after the visa post receives those reports, are they kept by them fr further assessment or are they sent to Ottawa fr the further assessment?? the jist of my question is if the medical reports are assessed by the doctors of the visa post or the doctors at Ottawa medical thingy?
can anyone enlighten pls
Hi, As far as i'm aware the meds get sent to CIC mississauga who then send them on to your local office, in our case, the CHC London.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:05 pm

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Hi, As far as i'm aware the meds get sent to CIC mississauga who then send them on to your local office, in our case, the CHC London.
But, CIC Mississauga just takes that form which says the medicals are done, not the actual reports which the DMP would have sent to the visa office dealing with ur case!
wat i am asking is if the medical reports are assessed by the visa office serving u or the medical office in Ottawa??
can anyone enlighten on this pls....
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:12 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

Your medicals are forwarded by your DMP to Ottawa where they sit a queue awaiting assessment by a medical officer in Ottawa. It can take a few months for your medicals to be assessed.

The medical officer in Ottawa then matches up your medicals with your file number and forwards the results of the medical to the visa post processing the application.

The receipt you are given by your DMP should be submitted with your application to Mississauga (for outside family class applicants) as proof that your have done the medicals upfront (as you should). Keep a copy for yourself.

Hope this helps,

Ozinca
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

gardengirl is an unknown quantity at this point

But, CIC Mississauga just takes that form which says the medicals are done, not the actual reports which the DMP would have sent to the visa office dealing with ur case!
wat i am asking is if the medical reports are assessed by the visa office serving u or the medical office in Ottawa??
can anyone enlighten on this pls....

Hi Amy.....I am just reading your question here about medicals..Ok..so i ordered my CAIPS notes concernng my husbands application..Now in those CAIPS notes were also the assessment of his medicals..and the names of the doctors who acessed them..And also it says how long the assessment is valid for..So they are assessed at the visa post there in New delhi..Do not worry,,you will get your visa very soonnnnnn....gardengirl
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by gardengirl
Hi Amy.....I am just reading your question here about medicals..Ok..so i ordered my CAIPS notes concernng my husbands application..Now in those CAIPS notes were also the assessment of his medicals..and the names of the doctors who acessed them..And also it says how long the assessment is valid for..So they are assessed at the visa post there in New delhi..Do not worry,,you will get your visa very soonnnnnn....gardengirl
hi gardengirl!
so, they assessed his medical before his interview????
i always thought that the medicals and security checks are done only after a successful interview or an interview waiver??
when did u order them - before or after his interview??
thanks fr ur response anyways....
also, does anyone know how long it normally takes fr the medicals to be assessed and reports sent to the visa post??
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

hi gardengirl!
so, they assessed his medical before his interview????
i always thought that the medicals and security checks are done only after a successful interview or an interview waiver??
when did u order them - before or after his interview??
thanks fr ur response anyways....
also, does anyone know how long it normally takes fr the medicals to be assessed and reports sent to the visa post??
Hi amy....I ordered them after the interview,,..Maybe i am looking at them incorrectly,,but this came along with the CAIPS notes..Medical Assessment.with the doctors name on it...Like i said before,,who real knows the procedures threw any visa office..Anyway,,good luck to you..I know all you are probley thinking about, is when you will get your visa..This is a nerve wrecking process at the beginning of it,,and also at the end of it...
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi amy....I ordered them after the interview,,..Maybe i am looking at them incorrectly,,but this came along with the CAIPS notes..Medical Assessment.with the doctors name on it...Like i said before,,who real knows the procedures threw any visa office..Anyway,,good luck to you..I know all you are probley thinking about, is when you will get your visa..This is a nerve wrecking process at the beginning of it,,and also at the end of it...

Medical Status Code - A

Meaning assessed and finalized...

that is what is on my husbands assessement...
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:00 pm

This is the most testing phase gardengirl!!
I mean when u know that u are through, the suspense never seems to be ending!!
hope this will end soon....
cheers anyways